Views
Helpful
Replies

Caller ID Issue

tiger_401
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I m running CME 7.0. The issue which i m facing is that my telco is sending the incoming calling number as 38579206 (land line number ) skipping the first 0 the number should be 038579206. Similarly for the international number i m receiving the incoming number as 966507660387 but it should be 00966507660387. Also for the mobile number the receving incoming number comes as 507660387 but it should me 0507660387. Please tell me how i can overcome this issue. Please tell me what translation rules should be applied is this scenario.

Thanks,

Malik.

4 Replies 4

keanej
Level 3
Level 3

Its standard behaviour for the leading 0 to be striped by the telco.

You need to adjust the 'calling number' ? What I normally do is pre-pend '90' onto calls like this.

This means my users can call back these people without putting '9' for an outside line.

stowellp
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Malik,

I normally use voice translation profiles and apply them to incoming voice ports. The example below will add a leading 0 to the calling number: -

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /^.*/ /0&/          - matches any incoming number and adds a 0 to the beginning

voice translation-profile INGRESS

translate calling 1

voice-port 0/0/0

translation-profile incoming INGRESS

The above will allow users to use redial directly from the received and missed calls directory, if you have to dial a 9 to access the PSTN then you will need to add this before the 0 on the translation rule.

Cheers,

Phil

Hi Phil,

Thanks for your reply. I really appreciate your effort. But the problem is that with your configuration it will add single zero for the local and mobile calls…but for international calls I need double zero…how can I fix it…please make sure that I need the leading single zero or double zero for the incoming calls…

Waiting for your reply,

Thanks,

Malik…

Hi Malik,

There's no way around this unless you know what calling numbers to expect, which is highly unlikely!

The only way around the problem is to ask the telco to send the complete ANI to you, they should be able to do this. I have never come across a Telco that doesn't send all digits of the ANI to the receiver.

Phil

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: