cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Building LAB: VMWare can help? How many servers?

bilalghayad
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All;

We decided to build a LAB in our company for the CVP and IPCC, as in the LAB there is no big traffic and agents so we need something basic and simple. I appreciate if someone to advise me for the following:

1) Can I put the CVP Servers, CallManager, and IPCC all in one hardware server?

2) Can I have the voice gateway and the vxml gateway on the same router or they have to be separated?

3) I heared that there is VMWare solution that enable me to have every thing virually, how much this correct? And is it possible to cover the voice gatewat and vxml gateway using the VMWare? If yes, then how the E1's will be connected? Or it will be just simulation?

Regards

Bilal

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Muhammad Raza
Level 3
Level 3

AOA,

Yes, using Vmware you can install and configure all IPCC, CVP and CUCM server on single box.

You can use same router as voice gateway and vxml gateway. Using Vmware you can create everything virtualy, that is correct but only for lab purpose not for live deployements. For virtual voice and VXML gateway you can use GNS, no physical E1 termination but you simulate calls.

Regards,

Muhammad AR

View solution in original post

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

Since it its trivial to clone boxes in VMWare on an EDX server, set up a really good template server with all the Windows SRs, patches, i386, WMI, SNMP all the ICM and CVP installers, SRs and everything all copied to the disk, SQL Server installer, SR and so on.

Take you time and build a good template.

Then clone this for your Domain Controller, Router, Logger, PG, AW, CVP, WebView. Now it's easy to install what you need as no CDs need to be inserted, a huge time saver.

Don't restrict the way the product is installed - make it represent production. You will learn a lot more this way.

Regards,

Geoff

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Muhammad Raza
Level 3
Level 3

AOA,

Yes, using Vmware you can install and configure all IPCC, CVP and CUCM server on single box.

You can use same router as voice gateway and vxml gateway. Using Vmware you can create everything virtualy, that is correct but only for lab purpose not for live deployements. For virtual voice and VXML gateway you can use GNS, no physical E1 termination but you simulate calls.

Regards,

Muhammad AR

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

Since it its trivial to clone boxes in VMWare on an EDX server, set up a really good template server with all the Windows SRs, patches, i386, WMI, SNMP all the ICM and CVP installers, SRs and everything all copied to the disk, SQL Server installer, SR and so on.

Take you time and build a good template.

Then clone this for your Domain Controller, Router, Logger, PG, AW, CVP, WebView. Now it's easy to install what you need as no CDs need to be inserted, a huge time saver.

Don't restrict the way the product is installed - make it represent production. You will learn a lot more this way.

Regards,

Geoff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: