Views
Helpful
Replies

IPS configuration promiscus mode(fail-open) assistance/troubleshooting

amardram123
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all ,

I have 2 ASA configured in active/standby failover mode. I want to configure IPS in promiscus mode with fail-open configuration.

i have not connected IPS with any pc through magmt port.

I can access IPS through ASA(5520) using session 1 and able to do basic configuration using setup.

after configuring when i try to login through ASA ASDM(IPS tab on home page of ASA ASDM) it ask for ip(managment or other ip).. I am trying to access the IPS with ip(192.168.3.74) configured in IPS using initial setup (192.168.3.74/27, 192.168.3.65) and also added access-list allowing 192.168.3.0/24.

ASA inside ip subnet:192.168.3.64/27

ASA DMZ ip subnet: 192.168.1.0/24

let me know if i need to assign IPS ip from dmz range or inside range?

Do i need to setup same IP for IPS in both ASA module?

Let me know if i can connect to IPS from ASA ASDM using some ip(192.168.3.74) configured through setup on 443 port.?

What access-list i should add in IPS or ASA if required?

While setting up IPS 1st time using setup command i am not able to see the unused/monitored interface(g0/1) so that i could add both interface, which should show as per cisco doc. what may be the reason?

IPS 6.0

ASA(5520) 7.24

ASDM 5.24

Regards

Amardeep

1 Reply 1

Farrukh Haroon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You need to configure the interface properly and plug it in the network.

The second interface is displayed different in the AIP-SSM, as  this is a logal/internal connection to the ASA.

Regards

Farrukh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card