Helpful
Replies

Log Files size of the CVP VXML Applications

Amine-K
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have an UCCE7 with CVP4 solution.

We have developed using CVP Call Studio some VXML applications for self service IVR.

We have recently noticed that the size of the logs directory of those VXML applications has been grown very much on the VXML server.

We are wondering if there is anyway to limit or to configure the maximum size of those logs.

Thanks for your help.

6 Replies 6

Hi David,

I read the post in the URL that you sent.

This shows the rotation parameter that means after how much size or after how many days creating a new log file but this does not control the overall size of the Activity log folder.

In fact, if we make the rotation size 100MB, we will have in the application directory many files not exceeding 100MB but the overall size of this folder may reach 10GB.

My concern is how to configure automatic purge of the Activity log and error log folders makig them not exceeding a specified size.

Thanks.

You will have to write a batch file and schedule it to do the purge yourself. Not that hard.

I guess these days with 146GB or 300GB drives on the MCS-7845, no one cares about a lousy 10GB.

Regards,

Geoff

Hi Geoff,

Please note that 10GB was mentionned as an example.

Actually, we are facing this problem since our server has reached its storage limit and was complaining about low disk space !

Thanks

I apologize for my flippancy.

As you know, CVP VXML (ex Audium) applications generate a huge amount of logging. These logs build up like crazy in the application\XXX\logs\ActivityLog directory.

What are you keeping these logs for? If you have no reason (such as uploading them to a database for reporting), just delete all the old ones and reclaim some space. Then think about writing a batch file to delete old files and adding this to Windows as a Scheduled Task.

Regards,

Geoff

Hi Geoff,

Thanks a lot for your answer.

You confirm now that there is no automatic way or a configuration that limits the Activity logs size.

We should now delete manually the logs or create a batch file that automatically deletes the files.

Do you have any idea how to set up the batch file to delete the files older than 3 months for example?

Thanks again for your help.