Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco SPA 941 firmware issues

Edward
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have recently bought a pair of SPA 941 voip phones and I'm having difficulty upgrading the firmware.

I downloaded the file 5.1.8 win 32 firmware but when I try to open it in windows XP nothing happens. I've waited for a while to see if its a bit delayed but nothing.

I've tried to run the exe on another computer with no AV or anything but the same thing happens.

Can anyone help?

4 Replies 4

nseto
Level 6
Level 6

Maybe the download was corrupted.   Enclosed is the firmware.

Please try again and make sure the 'upgrade enable' is set to yes, located in provisioning/firmware upgrade.

Thank You, This worked a treat.

Hi all,

Unsure if anyone can help me here but I have also downloaded the 5.1.8 firmware. The difference is I am trying to upgrade the firmware for a very old SPA-841 currently running 3.1.4(a).

The upgrade runs smoothly, the problem is that at the end it simply states that phone has been upgraded to the firmware below, but it is still at 3.1.4(a).

Any help would be appreciated.

Kevyn,

There is no firmware update for SPA-841 phones.   The product was EOL'ed and all support has been discontinued.

Regards,

Randy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: