cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Anyone seen any advance info on Unified Communication Manager 8.0?

gkeel
Level 1
Level 1

I have seen the single page on the Cisco Site about version 8 but no other info.

What I am really interested in is the promised support for Incoming CallerID when gateway has an FXO port and is using MGCP.

That lack of support has been a thorn in my side for a year or more as they were promising it in version 7 and then it got pulled.

I have 30 remote gateways and a totola of over 130 FXO PSTN ports/lines so transitioning to H323 would be a very major undertaking.

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There is a lot of information on UCM 8.0; however, most of it is restricted under NDA agreements until FCS.

WIth respect to the caller ID on MGCP-controlled FXO: There were limitations in both IOS and UCM that had to be addressed. The updated MGCP code is now available in both and will work in 8.0 and IOS 12.4(24)T I believe. I have not bothered to test it in my beta copy yet so there's no guarantee that it's bug-free though.

Also, there is a general movement away from MGCP at this point. I would reconsider moving anyone to it. The consensus is becoming SIP gateways as the code stabilizes.

There's already plenty of information on the UC 8.0 products

https://www.myciscocommunity.com/community/partner/collaboration/uc

Search for 8.0 and you'll get info from CUCM, UCCX, Unity, etc

BTW i believe there is a discussion on MGCP FXO CLID you might want to read, search the above link and you should find it

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate