Views
Helpful
Replies

multiple isdn lines only one number to appear

daysleeper
Level 1
Level 1

Hi to all,

i have a cisco 1751-v with 4 isdn bri interfaces connected to four different telco lines with 4 different numbers, is possible to configure the cisco to make appear a unique number when a call is made from any of the 4 lines?

I think is isdn calling-number the command but i'm not very sure, is possible to configure the same isdn calling-number on all the isdn interface?

Thanks and best regards,

Carlo S.

8 Replies 8

Yes, you can configure dial-peer for each voice port with translation.

Something like this:

number you will hide will be: 11111111 in this example

voice translation-rule 1
rule 1 /.*/ /11111111/
!
!
voice translation-profile exit
translate called 1

!

dial-peer voice 100 pots
translation-profile outgoing exit
port 0/1

KonradStepniewski ha scritto:

Yes, you can configure dial-peer for each voice port with translation.

Something like this:

number you will hide will be: 11111111 in this example

voice translation-rule 1
rule 1 /.*/ /11111111/
!
!
voice translation-profile exit
translate called 1

!

dial-peer voice 100 pots
translation-profile outgoing exit
port 0/1

If i understand correctly i must configure one translation rule and then apply this to all dial-peer of the isdn interface?

WIth this will appear only one number for all the isdn interface?

And the command isdn calling-number ? Cannot be used for the same purpose?

by the way the baove translation will translate the called number not the calling !!!

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No, when you have separate numbers and separate contract you cannot make the same calling number to appear on all the lines.

You have to ask telco to bundle all the lines first under a same contract, that sometime they call "PBX configuration".

p.bevilacqua ha scritto:

No, when you have separate numbers and separate contract you cannot make the same calling number to appear on all the lines.

You have to ask telco to bundle all the lines first under a same contract, that sometime they call "PBX configuration".

Ok thanks for the answer, but what's the purpose of the isdn calling-number command?

Now when the customer made a call the number is hided i think by telco provider, to make it appear i think he must do a request to the telco.

Thanks to all for the answers,

Best Regards,

Carlo S.

When not sure about about the meaning of a command, check the documentation to begin with.

I have checked the command but if you say that only with the telco aid i can make appear one number for multiple line, i'm not sure of the real function of the command isdn calling-number.

This is what cisco reference command say about this command:

isdn calling-number

To configure an ISDN BRI interface to present the calling number of the device making the outgoing call, use the isdn calling-number interface configuration command.

Usage Guidelines

This command first appeared in Cisco IOS Release 10.3.

An interface can have only one ISDN calling-number entry.

This command is intended for use when the ISDN network offers TS014 tariffing, in which devices present the calling (billing) number.

I think that if i configure this with the same number on all the four interface i can make it work...i hope!

As mentioned before, first you have to make agreement with telco so that they accept the same calling number on all circuits.

The calling number on router can configured in multiple ways.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: