CUPS 7 Reporting and IM Archiving

Answered Question
Jan 21st, 2010
User Badges:

We are testing CUPS 7 IM capabilities as a possible replacement for our current IM client.  Management is looking for a report that shows the usage of the IM.  I also read that CUPS archives the IM sessions but I can't seem to locate where I read this and/or where the sessions are located.  we would have a legal requirement to retain all IM sessions.  Any help would be appreciated.

Correct Answer by Jonathan Schulenberg about 7 years 2 months ago

Only archiving. I am not aware of any utilization reports in current or future versions. A third-party company named Sipera has a way of doing IM archiving in CUPS 7 through a product they wrote. You can speak with them if you want this immediately.

As for 8.0, you are looking at Q2CY10.

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
mtmachen Thu, 01/21/2010 - 10:31
User Badges:

Thanks.  is that in answer to the archiving question or report question or both?  Also, I understand 8 is expected for 2nd quarter can you confirm, deny, or hypothesize?  thank you Michael.

Correct Answer
Jonathan Schulenberg Thu, 01/21/2010 - 11:26
User Badges:
  • Super Bronze, 10000 points or more
  • Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 IP Telephony

Only archiving. I am not aware of any utilization reports in current or future versions. A third-party company named Sipera has a way of doing IM archiving in CUPS 7 through a product they wrote. You can speak with them if you want this immediately.

As for 8.0, you are looking at Q2CY10.

Scanm1586 Fri, 01/29/2010 - 18:28
User Badges:

Dear mtmachen,   My name is Dean Jones Dir of Sales for Sipera Systems Inc. Sipera is an approved Cisco Developer Tech Partner with a great complimentary solution for IM Compliance logging and we are also a part of The ISPN program for UC. Feel free to call me ASAP 469-628-1376. I have taken the liberty of Attaching a Sipera Presentation that I know you will find very helpful. You can also email at [email protected].

Scanm1586 Fri, 01/29/2010 - 18:21
User Badges:

Dear mtmachen,

My name is Dean Jones Dir of Sales for Sipera Systems Inc. Sipera is an approved Cisco Developer Tech Partner with a great complimentary solution for IM Compliance logging and we are also a part of The ISPN program for UC. Feel free to call me ASAP 469-628-1376. I have taken the liberty of Attaching a Sipera Presentation that I know you will find very helpful. You can also email at [email protected].

Actions

This Discussion

Related Content