cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPS 7 Reporting and IM Archiving

mtmachen
Level 1
Level 1

We are testing CUPS 7 IM capabilities as a possible replacement for our current IM client.  Management is looking for a report that shows the usage of the IM.  I also read that CUPS archives the IM sessions but I can't seem to locate where I read this and/or where the sessions are located.  we would have a legal requirement to retain all IM sessions.  Any help would be appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Only archiving. I am not aware of any utilization reports in current or future versions. A third-party company named Sipera has a way of doing IM archiving in CUPS 7 through a product they wrote. You can speak with them if you want this immediately.

As for 8.0, you are looking at Q2CY10.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

Not available on CUPS 7.  Should be available on CUPS 8.

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

Thanks.  is that in answer to the archiving question or report question or both?  Also, I understand 8 is expected for 2nd quarter can you confirm, deny, or hypothesize?  thank you Michael.

Only archiving. I am not aware of any utilization reports in current or future versions. A third-party company named Sipera has a way of doing IM archiving in CUPS 7 through a product they wrote. You can speak with them if you want this immediately.

As for 8.0, you are looking at Q2CY10.

thanks

Dear mtmachen,   My name is Dean Jones Dir of Sales for Sipera Systems Inc. Sipera is an approved Cisco Developer Tech Partner with a great complimentary solution for IM Compliance logging and we are also a part of The ISPN program for UC. Feel free to call me ASAP 469-628-1376. I have taken the liberty of Attaching a Sipera Presentation that I know you will find very helpful. You can also email at djones@sipera.com.

lpratt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

CUP 7.x can support IM Archiving with the Sipera solution certified through the Cisco Developer Network.

http://www.sipera.com/index.php?action=company,press_release&id=808

Louis

Thanks Louis for the plug.

Scanm1586
Level 1
Level 1

Dear mtmachen,

My name is Dean Jones Dir of Sales for Sipera Systems Inc. Sipera is an approved Cisco Developer Tech Partner with a great complimentary solution for IM Compliance logging and we are also a part of The ISPN program for UC. Feel free to call me ASAP 469-628-1376. I have taken the liberty of Attaching a Sipera Presentation that I know you will find very helpful. You can also email at djones@sipera.com.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: