CME Dial Peer for transfered calls to 3rd party voicemail

Unanswered Question
Jan 21st, 2010

When manually transfer calls direct to our 3rd party voicemail system, I am loosing something in the SIP headers.  The ephone-dn call-forward busy/no answer work fine when calling the extension direct, but transfers to the same digits do not.

We use a sip trunk with a 3rd party voicemail system(rather than using a CUE card).

We use *55 plus the extension to send to voicemail.  The dial peer seems to work fine, but we loose the "FROM" which should be the extension that is initiating the transfer to voicemail.

In this example, I call into CME, dial extension 323, and then from the 323 phone I transfer to extension 101's voicemail using *55101

001254: Jan 21 12:32:22.037 CST: //-1/xxxxxxxxxxxx/SIP/Msg/ccsipDisplayMsg:
SIP/2.0 100 Trying
To:<sip:[email protected]>
Call-ID:[email protected]

001255: Jan 21 12:32:22.049 CST: //-1/xxxxxxxxxxxx/SIP/Msg/ccsipDisplayMsg:
SIP/2.0 604 Does not exist anywhere
To:<sip:[email protected]>;tag=738909829-1264098741608
Call-ID:[email protected]

Similarly, and working fine is call-forwading busy and no-an which also uses *55101 without issue.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Vladimir Savostin Mon, 01/25/2010 - 07:39

How the original call you want to transfer got to the CME?

When you are transferring call to VM system do you want caller to hear general greeting?

When call is forwarded by ephone-dn CFx settings CME will add Diversion: header to INVITE and VM system will treat this as a forwarded call.

When you perform consult transfer from Subscriber DN - VM system will treat this as a direct call from subscriber and will ask for the password. I think this is not what you want.

When you perform blind transfer from Subscriber DN - CME will fill From: field with transferred caller information and will not add Diversion: header.

VM system will treat this call as a direct call from non-subscriber DN.

This Discussion