cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Not Enough Memory Prompt

gdwingnuts
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cisco Catalyst 4948.  I am attempting to TFTP a new IOS and am receiving the Not Enough Memory prompt.  When I run the dir bootflash command the switch shows only one IOS usiing (16170184) bytes.  Total bytes are (60817408) with only (16272396) free.  When I enter the "show bootflash)" command I see three IOS files which would explain the lack of storage space available.  I have run the "delete bootflash" command but I still see the two old bootflash files when I run the "show bootflash" command.  What am I missing here?  The switch is operational and running fine.

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

gdwingnuts wrote:

I have a Cisco Catalyst 4948.  I am attempting to TFTP a new IOS and am receiving the Not Enough Memory prompt.  When I run the dir bootflash command the switch shows only one IOS usiing (16170184) bytes.  Total bytes are (60817408) with only (16272396) free.  When I enter the "show bootflash)" command I see three IOS files which would explain the lack of storage space available.  I have run the "delete bootflash" command but I still see the two old bootflash files when I run the "show bootflash" command.  What am I missing here?  The switch is operational and running fine.

Thanks,

Have you tried squeezing the bootflash to recover the space ie.

4500# squeeze bootflash:

Jon

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

gdwingnuts wrote:

Thanks,

Have you tried squeezing the bootflash to recover the space ie.

4500# squeeze bootflash:

Jon

Thanks Jon.  Squeezing worked :-)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card