Views
Helpful
Replies

MWI not working

Derek Thom
Level 1
Level 1

Hello-

I have searched this site and tried/checked multiple suggested solutions that I found but I can not get our MWI light to show on any of our phones.

I have checked for the three dots behind the MWI extensions (we have 3 digit extensions).

I have checked the gateway on the service module and changed it from 10.1.10.2 to 10.1.1.1 but no change

Refreshed MWI a lot

Changed ON to OFF on MWI extension properties and then back again, refreshing each time but no change

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Derek

13 Replies 13

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Derek,

These might be stupid questions but I have to ask them.

1. Are these extension registered for Voice Mail? You can deposit voice mail to an extension but if it is not registered the red light wont come up on the handset until the phone is a registered VM user.

2. Do you have the appropriate DN's registered on the system? Your config should have something simular to this:

ephone-dn  87
number A801... no-reg primary
mwi off
!
!
ephone-dn  88
number A800... no-reg primary
mwi on

3. Does your CUE have the MWI configuration? It should look something like this:

ccn application ciscomwiapplication aa
description "ciscomwiapplication"
enabled
maxsessions 6
script "setmwi.aef"
parameter "CallControlGroupID" "0"
parameter "strMWI_OFF_DN" "A801"
parameter "strMWI_ON_DN" "A800"
end application

ccn trigger http urlname mwiapp
application "ciscomwiapplication"
enabled
maxsessions 1
end trigger

The best way to find out if you have a sound configuration is to use a program like Putty, copy the config over to a TXT file and go over it bit by bit, if you have another working config to compare too, then compare it, this is how i do basic troubleshooting, doesn't allways work, but hey it can help.

Let us know how you go with it, please update us.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Add this and let us know:

!

dial-peer voice 9999 voip

incoming called-number A80[0,1]...

codec g711ulaw

no vad

!

Marcos-

Input what gave me and it didn't seem to have an effect. I did a refresh again of the MWi indicators but still no dice. Is there something else I should be looking for?

Thanks,

Derek

Please provide a "debug ccsip message" for when a message is left. Also post your configuration, removing password and any sensitive information.

Thanks,

Marcos

I attached the debug and show run output as requested.

Thanks!

Derek

Config looks fine, but I do not see the outcall from CUE. Can you change the sip gateway in CUE to 10.1.10.2 and try? ACL 104 is probably blocking traffic.

Marcos

I changed the gateway in Call Manager Express from 10.1.1.1 to 10.1.10.2 before running the debug, and it is still set that way.

From the CUE CLI:

ccn subsystem sip
gateway address "10.1.10.2"
mwi envelope-info
dtmf-relay sip-notify
mwi sip outcall sub-notify
end subsystem

Please do not use "sub-notify". This is how I have it working:

Screen shot 2010-01-26 at 10.31.53 AM.png

Sorry for the delayed response, I have been out of town for a week.

Made that change and refreshed the MWI and reset the phone, but still no change.

Thanks for the response!

1. I am pretty sure they are registered, but how would I verify that?

2. The DN's are registered just like you have them.

ephone-dn  55
number A801... no-reg primary
mwi off
!
!
ephone-dn  56
number A800... no-reg primary
mwi on

3. The CUE also has the correct configuration as you show.

ccn application ciscomwiapplication aa
description "ciscomwiapplication"
enabled
maxsessions 6
script "setmwi.aef"
parameter "CallControlGroupID" "0"
parameter "strMWI_OFF_DN" "A801"
parameter "strMWI_ON_DN" "A800"
end application

ccn trigger http urlname msgnotifytrg
application "msgnotification"
enabled
maxsessions 2
end trigger

ccn trigger http urlname mwiapp
application "ciscomwiapplication"
enabled
maxsessions 1
end trigger

Thanks for the help so far!

Derek

Derek Thom
Level 1
Level 1

Still having issues with this. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Derek

I thought I would update this. One of the fixes must have worked, but did not take effect until I rebooted. After going through the fixes mentioned above and rebooting, it all works. Thanks to all contributors!

Hmmm. Maybe a MWI refresh would have done the trick too. In any case, I am happy this has been resolved.

Marcos

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: