cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cwjava.exe uses 100% utilization in LMS 3.1

akash04lingam
Level 1
Level 1

We have observed that cwjava.exe process nearle utilizing 80% - 90% cpu utilization in LMS 3.1

It makes that LMS server responding slow.

Please tell how to overcome this problem.

4 Replies 4

Sven Hruza
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

it is possible to look on the server which module of LMS is behind the cwjava.exe because ciscoworks uses a lot of cwjava.exe for its processes.

I use the freeware process explorer to get more informations about the processes.

perhaps with that it is possible to figure out which part of LMS is responsible for the high load.

I have checked it and found that syslog collector is responsible for high CPU utilization.

Please tell me how  to overcome this

I don't have a solution for that at the moment.

But have you checked the syslog.log file if there came a lot of messages in?

Is there a backup or purge or something like that active?

On which platform is LMS running?

what size does the syslog file has?

If you have Firewalls sending logs to LMS, this could bring heavy load on the server.

Another issue could be the name resolution mechanism for syslog messages and a slow or even failing DNS for these requests.

In LMS 2.6 - LMS 3.0.1 this could be enabled/disabled in

Common Services > Server > Admin > System Preferences

But it seems that they removed this config point in LMS 3.1 - at least I cannot find it...

These log files could shed some light on this:

AnalyzerDebug.log

SyslogCollector.log

Also the defined syslog filters could have an impact and slow down the process.

As a last resort, you also can try to just restart SyslogAnalyzer and SyslogCollector process and see if the problem goes away.  You should do this in a one-liner to avoid a manual resubscription of the SyslogCollector

# stopping the processes:

pdterm SyslogCollector SyslogAnalyzer

# control their state:

pdshow SyslogCollector SyslogAnalyzer

# starting the processes:

pdexec SyslogCollector SyslogAnalyzer

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: