Views
Helpful
Replies

Speedtest on Cisco 877 ADSL Line

johnlloyd_13
Level 9
Level 9

hi experts,

just out of curiousity, i did some speedtest on our ADSL 2 meg line. i tried to speedtest my connection 3x (see attached) but never attain 2meg max and download speed varies everytime. can someone shed some light on this? is speedtest reliable to measure your connection? what other tests are recommended? thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

hi ganesh,

thank you for your response. i would like to know a good ftp site for testing or do i need to install a 3rd party ftp software. can you refer one?

Hi Jhon,

Check out the below link for downloading  a third party ftp software for testing purpose:-

http://core-ftp.software.informer.com/2.1/

hope to help !!

If helpful do rate the valuable post.

Ganesh.H

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

hi experts,

just out of curiousity, i did some speedtest on our ADSL 2 meg line. i tried to speedtest my connection 3x (see attached) but never attain 2meg max and download speed varies everytime. can someone shed some light on this? is speedtest reliable to measure your connection? what other tests are recommended? thanks!

Hi Jhon,

Lots of tools are there to test the bandwidth utilization for link like Bandwidth meter to test the link i would suggests you to perform ftp transaction as ftp is bandwidth greedy protocol this will help you out to identify the amount of bandiwdth used by the link with speed test tool also.

Hope to help

Regards

Ganesh.H

hi ganesh,

thank you for your response. i would like to know a good ftp site for testing or do i need to install a 3rd party ftp software. can you refer one?

hi ganesh,

Hi Jhon,

Check out the below link for downloading  a third party ftp software for testing purpose:-

http://core-ftp.software.informer.com/2.1/

hope to help !!

If helpful do rate the valuable post.

Ganesh.H

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card