How do I create Outgoing Mail Policie,Outgoing content filters and individual content filters?

Unanswered Question

IronPort C160.

async OS 6.5.3

Server 1 and server 2 are communicating through ironport.( and also scanning)

Server 1 we have setup domain abc.lk and yy.abc.lk in same server, this reside on DMZ. same segment ironport is connected,

Server 2: we have setup separate server int.abc.lk which is resided on internal lan.

Server 1 and server 2 should have to communicate internally, but server2 should not communicate to outside the world (eg. [email protected])

How do I create "Outgoing Mail Policies, Outgoing content filters and the individual content filters?

Note: Now server 1 and server2 are communicating internal and also communicating external ([email protected]), I need server 2 not to communicate external ([email protected]) it should be block and also do not block server 2 communicating to server1

I have attached diagram also.

Thanks.

sumathi.

Attachment: 
I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
steven_geerts Sun, 01/24/2010 - 15:29

/* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;}

Hello Sumathi,

(Thanks for adding a diagram, that helps understanding your situation)

I think the simplest solution is to create a filter that allows server 2 (based on it's IP) to communicate with the internal domains, and drop the messages when they are targeted to any other domain

so:

filter source IP = servers

condition: message to: is NOT abc.lk or yy.abc.lk

action: drop message

hope this helps!

Steven

Actions

This Discussion