cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Small Business Office Manager Beta

m.bloohm
Level 1
Level 1

Good Morning.  I am running into an issue with the Cisco Small Business Office Manager Beta software.  I have my UC520 system configured (via the CCA tool), but I cannot connect with the Office Manager.  The software shows device discovery is complete, but is unable to connect.  Verified that Windows Firewall is disabled etc.  I can connect via CLI, CCA or web admin (to the CUE).  Any ideas?  Thanks in advance!

11 Replies 11

Hi,

We will help you firgure this out. Would you please send us all text files under this directory:

C:\Program Files\Cisco Small Business Office Manager\*.txt

Thanks,

Marcos

See attached.

Are you using OM while CCA is open? The console is timing out...

Marcos

No.  Just rebooted laptop, and attempted to re-connect with OM.  Same result.  See attached.  Am running Windows 7 64 bit.  Not sure if that matters.

Ill let Marcos answer about Windows 7 64 bit compatibility, but I am just curious what is the IP address of your UC500?  Is it custom or 192.168.10.1?

Steve

Yes.  Address is 192.168.10.1.  In fact, am running the default "Office" sample config for a demo kit.  No customization at this point.

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there..

Quick question :)

Are you running CME version 8 or an earlier version?

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Version 7.x.  Does the software require 8?  May have missed that in the notes.

OM requires Software Pack 8.0.0. I think, however, that there could be a compatibility issue between "The Office" demo script and OM. We never tested this. We tested OM with CCA 2.2 configurations ONLY, and I know that the demo script does add some CLI.

Could you please try OM on a system configured by CCA and CCA only? In the meantime I will check on my side how we ccan integrate OM into the demo script.

Marcos

OK.  I will try that.  However, you bring up a good point.  From your note, am I to infer that the Office Manager only works with configs via the CCA tool?  I recall there being issues when a system is configured via CCA, and then changes are made via CLI.  The CLI changes may be overwritten when CCA is opened against the UC500.  Is that still the case?  If we want to have users admin the system with Office Manager, should we only use the CCA tool, and shy away from the CLI?  Thanks.

Correct. OM assumes the system was configured with CCA 2.2. Try that and let me know. Also, don't forget to fill out the survey on:

https://www.ciscofeedback.vovici.com/se.ashx?s=7FAD61203847CE3

Marcos

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: