cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is there a way to congure WCS Alerts for Rouge APs for RSSI values?

walshliam
Level 1
Level 1

We receive so many rogue AP alerts for 80 - 90 RSSI values. These are never on site, usually houses or apartments. Is there a way to say if the RSSI is higher than 80, ignore it?

Also, some of these APs trigger a Rogue is on the wired network. We have never found one of these, any ideas on where to look for those? We have tried looking on the controller rougue ap summary and it is there, but without a wired MAC, I'll never find it.

Thanks

Liam

5 Replies 5

Lucien Avramov
Level 10
Level 10

You can change the RSSI threshold from either WLC (wireless -> radio -> coverage -> rrm) or WCS from the radio controller template

Lucien,

I too am looking at the same issue as Liam.  I am running WCS 7.0.164.0 with controllers running 7.0.98.0

I'm not seeing the options you mentioned above in either my WLCs or the WCS.  I was able to create thresholds on the WLC under Security-Wireless Protection Policies-Rogue Policies.  These allowed me to qualify rogues as malicious or friendly by RSSI level, but it does not change the behavior of the WCS, which alerts for all rogues in the same fashion regardless of RSSI or friendly/malicious qualification and subsequently clears them after only a few minutes.  At this point the behavior is more a nuisance than a usable service.

My objective is to "thin" out the number of reported rogues to devices with a -80 RSSI or greater and to change the clear timer to something more reasonable.

Am I missing something?  Thanks for any help you can offer!

Joe

I will add my request for this feature also. Same thing, I can instruct the WLC to classify distant APs as friendly but not the WCS. We have to add in templates for each MAC, there are more new ones every week as we are in a resendtial area.

Anybody got any ideas on this one?

Regards,

Scott

tshepardosi
Level 1
Level 1

Bump.

Would love to get an answer on this one as well.  Would like to be able to limit the number of alarms received for Rogue AP's based on the RSSI for the offending rogue.  There has to be a way to set athreshold for this...

Is this what you are looking for

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6366/products_tech_note09186a0080ad6b8d.shtml

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card