cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to view outgoing(off net) Calls from remote locations

dan hale
Level 3
Level 3

Hi All, I might have an easy questions for the pro's in this forum. I'm basically trying to find a way to see outgoing calls orgintaing from remote sites. I have a site that has three remote locations. All our tied toghter via wireless link back to a central site that has our call manager and our PRI to the PSTN, where using MGCP as the signiling protocol and have a 2800 router at each site. When users call from any of these sites the caller ID states the companys name however, they now want to break it up by remote sites. I know how to accomplish this, create new partions assign to new route patters at each site then assign them to the exsisting CSS. Right now I just have one route pattern for 7 and 10 digit dialing.

What I'm trying to test is that I'll be doing this after hours at home and once I make the chage how can I test if outgoing(off net calls) will really work. I have my Cisco IP commuicator and I guess once I register it I can assign it to the specific device pools at each location with a Directory number from that site, but is that a real represntaition of a call traversing from that location up to where the telco demarc is at than to the PSTN? I know that I can issue a "show voice call summary" on the router that the PRI's come into however, I'm not a hundred percent certain that would tell me the call is orginating at the remote location.

thanks,

Dan

1 Reply 1

dan hale
Level 3
Level 3

Actually I just figured part of my question out, to ensure that when I make my partiion and route pattern changes I can just assign my softphone to the same site locations calling search space. However, I would still like to know if there is a tool, such as cisco unitys port status monitor tool, that will show me outbound from remote sites to PSTN calls.

thanks,

Dan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: