cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to disable a route pattern in CUCM 6.1

Tod Larson
Level 3
Level 3

How do I disable a route pattern in CUCM 6.1?

We have a route pattern in CUCM 6.1 that sends digits to a gateway and the gateway is connected to an external PBX.  I need to disable the ability to call the PBX for anyone registered to CUCM.  However I just know that in a few months management will want to turn on that ability.  I'd like to cleanly just "disable" the route pattern so we can easilty tun it back on in the future.  I want to keep it as simple as possible so I don't actually have to be there to trun it back on.

Thank you.

7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is no enable/disable concept for RP (or any other DN/pattern for that matter)

Make a new partition, do not add it to any CSS and move the route pattern to that partition.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

That's a good idea.  Then when we are ready we can just re-assign the route pattern to our "normal" partition/CSS.

Maybe I'll make a partition called "disabled" or "doNOTuse" so it'll clearly show that this is not to be used.

Hi,

Alternatively, you can block a route pattern in CallManager. Just check the option "Block this pattern".

Hope it helps,

-- Adrián.

That sounds like an even better idea.  I'll try that when I get to work.

i think it is better to use the way that java mentioned above becuase block means this pattren

will be block for all users have acess to this pattren partition, however you may need in the future to allow some users to use it only,  in this

case you need some partitions and CSS configurations

hope this help

Can you point me to a tutorial on using partitions and CSS?

Right now we have partition_1 and CSS_1.  All phones are in both.

Are you saying if I add a partition_2 then I could only create a CSS_2 with both partition 1 & 2 in it?.  Then, all the phones with CSS 1 will not be able to call CSS 2...right?

lets say all phone and route-patterns now they have the partition assigned to them as partition_1

and you have CC_1 that contains partition|_1 in it and assigned to all of the IP phones

now every phone can dial all other phones and the route-patterns

if you want to restrict one of the route-pattens let say pattern 12345XXX

you can do it as mentioned above by using partitions and CSS

create new partition called partition_2 assign it to this route-pattern

create new CSS called CSS_2 that contain partition_1 and partition_2

now ip phones can still dial everything except the pattern 12345XXX

if you want any IP phone to dial the above pattern as well just change the CSS of the device  d line to CSS_2

there is an other way but more advanced called line/device CSS if yo interest you may read about it using cco

good luck

if helpful Rate

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: