cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Pre-Shared key is not showing in Cisco VPN Concentrator 3000

Rupesh Kashyap
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have Cisco VPN Concentrator 3000. I have made many Lan-2-Lan tunnel. Now concentrator is not showing the Pre-Shared Key.

Please help how to see the Pre-shared key.

5 Replies 5

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Rupesh

When you view the config on the concentrator the pre-shared key does not show up (this is a security feature of the concentrator). If you use TFTP to copy the config to a PC/server and use a text editor to view the config on the PC/server then you should be able to see the pre=shared keys.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

I have done, but it is coming in encryped format like"name=10.50.205.19

password=0xF2.0xAA.0x56.0x89.0x2D.0x19.0x36.0xAB.0x7E.0x22.0xF6.0x7A

Rupesh

In that case I believe that you go to File Management and turn off encryption. Then do the TFTP again. (you probably want to enable encryption after you TFTP the file to maintain security on the concentrator).

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Hi, I am not seeing any tab to Disable Encryption in File Management Tab in the Concentrator.

Can you guide me how to disable the encryption. Please help I am in big trouble.

Rupesh

Start in the Administration tab, and then go to Access Rights, and then to Access Settings. There you should find the options of RC4 (which is the default) and the option of none.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco