cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUE Upgrade

refram
Level 3
Level 3

I just got a new NME-CUE module that has CUE ver. 3.0.4 on it.  I went to upgrade it to 7.0.5 and everything went south in spite of following the directions.  I have a feeling that the file got corrupted in the transfer.  Anyway, the CUE module became a brick after that and I had to have it replaced.  So now I have the replacement and want to keep from repeating the same experience.  First, I looked to see if it was possible to upgrade directly from 3.0.4 to 7.0.5 and it seemed that it was.  I'm wondering if anyone has any experience that contradicts that.  Secondly, I downloaded the upgrade files from the internet, and unzipped them.  There were 5 files in the package.  But when I download the files to CUE, only 3 show up.  Are all 5 supposed to be there?  I'm reading that if all of the files aren't availabe to CUE during an upgrade, it can just go to the configured FTP server.  But an FTP server hasn't been configured and I don't see how to do it except in the initial command to do the download.  Furthermore, I tried to just do the upgrade without first downloading the files to the module, I followed the format of the command, but CUE said the command was wrong.

I don't want another dead CUE module.  Any help or reassurance would be appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jmunoz19
Level 4
Level 4

I would do a "clean" install of 7.0.5 instead of the "upgrade".  I would only do an "upgrade" if you already have data on the CUE module.  (IE, it's already in production.)  You might want to consider 7.1 as well.  Version 7.1 will require you converting the licenses over which is fairly easy with the Cisco tool.

There are five files from that CUE zip file.  I do recall the the actual install only requiring 3 of the files the last time I did an "upgrade".  You likely will need a language file and a license file which will increase the total to 7 files.  I would download the files to the CUE module first before doing an upgrade.  Also, I would strongly recommend putting the ftp server on the same LAN as the CUE module.  I've had issues doing CUE install/backup/restores over WAN links.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

jmunoz19
Level 4
Level 4

I would do a "clean" install of 7.0.5 instead of the "upgrade".  I would only do an "upgrade" if you already have data on the CUE module.  (IE, it's already in production.)  You might want to consider 7.1 as well.  Version 7.1 will require you converting the licenses over which is fairly easy with the Cisco tool.

There are five files from that CUE zip file.  I do recall the the actual install only requiring 3 of the files the last time I did an "upgrade".  You likely will need a language file and a license file which will increase the total to 7 files.  I would download the files to the CUE module first before doing an upgrade.  Also, I would strongly recommend putting the ftp server on the same LAN as the CUE module.  I've had issues doing CUE install/backup/restores over WAN links.