cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

I give up on CCA, how do I configure phone buttons

dharig
Level 1
Level 1

Ok,  I have had it.   The CCA with the UC500 is bush leauge.   This forum is riddled with hundreds of bugs with it. 

My latest issue is just simply with phone configurations and if it can't even do that then Cisco has a big issue. 

1) When I edit perameters like changing from Dual Line to Octal Line the config does not take after applying the settings

2) When I change the line type from Shared to Normal the config does not take and it reverts to shared

3) When I change anything in  CCA all my CFNOAN timers reset to 10 despite setting and applying them otherwise

4) When I do anything in CCA it changes my SNR delay and timeout values set in CLI to a default of 5/30 requiring me to re-set them in CLI each time

5) Lines that are configured as Octal default to a huntstop channel of 1 requiring me to go in and change it back to 2 thugh8  when all the documentation says 8 should be the default anyway.  Aparently the CCA development group dident get the memo!

6) Intercom buttons can't be assigned without causing major bugs with missing buttons mis-configurations

7) Loading phone loads apper to take, but the phones do not download them.

So,  

1) How do I change a phone from dual to octal in CLI.

2) How do I change line types for individual phones in CLI.  I don;t see it in ephone or ephone-dn config

3) How do I config intercom buttons for individual extentions in CLI

3 Replies 3

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi There,

I feel your frustration, but I have to tell you DO NOT let it get the better of you, take a few deep breaths and work on each problem one-by-one, otherwise you will not achieve anything but more frustration.

1) How do I change a phone from dual to octal in CLI.

Ok you have to first remove the DN and replace it as a Dual-Line, i dont know the exact reason for this, but you can not change between the forms without first removing it and then re-instating it in the form you want it as.

so you just do a "no ephone-dn  XX octo-line" and then copy over the dual-line one.

NOTE: I suggest you use a txt editor and copy your config over to that first, and you SHOULD also remember that when you remove the DN it will effect the ephone that is attached too it, so make a copy of your ephone and place it in the text editor, this way you can copy it over to the command line straight away and re-insate the ephone.

2) How do I change line types for individual phones in CLI.  I don;t see it in ephone or ephone-dn config

I am not entirely sure what you mean by this comment, but i will assume the following: You can set the line type on the ephone itself, not the DN. You can do this by choosing the following " button 1:1" (This is like a primary extension) or "button 2w2" (This uses the watch command, i.e BLF one button transfer etc..etc) or "button 3m3" (This is monitor, much the same as the watch setup), or "4s4" (This is the silent command, this will make the button flash but not the phone ring), there are others but i dont use them, these would be the only ones that i would use.

You have to make all the changes via command line or CCA, and if your having issues with CCA then you can use the command line, the way to do this is to enter configuration mode "config t" command does that.

However if you don't know your way around the command line, then i highly recommend you avoid it, the problems that can occur by not knowing what you are doing could be catastrophic to the system.

3) How do I config intercom buttons for individual extentions in CLI

Assign each phone (Not DN but ephones) to a paging number for instance "paging-dn 10" which means your DN-10 will be your paging DN, you can have more then one and they can be for different departments and have different numbers.

Again i highly encourage you to be persistent, make sure you have the latest CCA 2.2.1 i think is the latest, and just be patient, make the change to one thing at a time, apply it and check it and then move onto the next one, i find CCA can be a problematic system if you try and get it to change too many things at the same time, it may take longer but at least you know the changes are going to stick.

I hope you sort your issues out, not sure if i have helped you out here, but i do hope you stick with it and maintain a level head over it.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

John Platts
Level 4
Level 4

Configuring normal lines and shared lines in CLI is described here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmebasic.html

I believe that several of the items listed in your post appear to be CCA bugs. These bugs will probably get fixed in CCA 2.2.2 or 2.3. In addition, enhancements to shared line support are planned to be made in future CCA releases.

Here are the commands to configure phones in CLI:

uc520#conf t

uc520(config)#ephone-dn 1 octo-line

uc520(config-ephone-dn)#no call-waiting beep
uc520(config-ephone-dn)#number 201 no-reg primary
uc520(config-ephone-dn)#label John Doe (201)
uc520(config-ephone-dn)#description John Doe

uc520(config-ephone-dn)#name John Doe
uc520(config-ephone-dn)#call-forward busy 299
uc520(config-ephone-dn)#call-forward noan 299 timeout 20
uc520(config-ephone-dn)#corlist incoming user-domestic
uc520(config-ephone-dn)#translation-profile incoming CallBlocking

uc520(config-ephone-dn)#!

uc520(config-ephone-dn)#! The line below configures a shared line. This configuration

uc520(config-ephone-dn)#! will work on UC500 units that are running the 7.1.x or 8.0.x

uc520(config-ephone-dn)#! releases.

uc520(config-ephone-dn)#!

uc520(config-ephone-dn)#ephone-dn 30 octo-line

uc520(config-ephone-dn)#no  call-waiting beep
uc520(config-ephone-dn)#number 250 no-reg primary
uc520(config-ephone-dn)#label Doe Electronics (250)
uc520(config-ephone-dn)#description Doe Electronics

uc520(config-ephone-dn)#name Doe Electronics
uc520(config-ephone-dn)#call-forward busy 299
uc520(config-ephone-dn)#call-forward noan 299 timeout 20
uc520(config-ephone-dn)#corlist incoming user-domestic
uc520(config-ephone-dn)#translation-profile incoming CallBlocking

uc520(config)#ephone 1

uc520(config-ephone)#device-security-mode none

uc520(config-ephone)#video

uc520(config-ephone)#mac-address 000E.8300.4000

uc520(config-ephone)#username johndoe password johndoe

uc520(config-ephone)#type 7960

uc520(config-ephone)#keep-conference

uc520(config-ephone)#button 1:1 2:30

I have actually configured a shared octo-line on a UC520. I have found a discrepancy between what is actually possible on the UC500 platform with the 7.1.x and 8.0.x releases, and CCA behavior and the CCA SBCS Administration Guide. Page 241 of the SBCS Administration Guide states that shared lines cannot be configured as octal lines. However, I am able to use CLI to configure a shared line on a UC500 unit that is running a 7.1.x or 8.0.x software pack and get the correct behavior, as long as the shared lines are on phones that are octo-line capable. This limitation appears to be a CCA problem and should really get fixed in the next major CCA release.

Configuring intercom lines in CLI is descibed here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmeinter.html

I know of one CME feature that has actually been around since the 4.2.0 release on the UC520, but was never in any released versions of CCA. This is the ability to configure shared extensions with multiple ephone-dns. I have heard that this feature is planned to be added to CCA in the future, even though this feature has been in CME long before the CME 8.0 release.

I also want to make note that some of the phones do not support octo lines. The phones that do not have currently have octo line support are:

• CP-7902G
  • CP-7920G
  • CP-7931G
  • CP-521G
  • CP-524G
  • SPA501G
  • SPA502G
  • SPA504G
  • SPA508G
  • SPA509G
  • SPA525G

Be sure that you are really using an octo-line capable phone before configuring octo lines.

I have forwarded this thread to our Product Team. We could try to make a point on why feature "X" or "Y" is not in CCA yet, but to not be consistent or predictable with features WE DO SUPPORT is simple inexcusable.

Would you be willing to spend some time with us identifying this issues? We think we can get them into a maintenance release in the short term.

My email is marchern@cisco.com

Thanks,

Marcos Hernandez

Technical Marketing Engineer

Cisco Systems, Inc.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: