How long can we leave an audio conference active?

Unanswered Question
Jan 23rd, 2010
User Badges:

My company uses an IPVC 3515 MCU12 for audio conferencing.  We have a department that works 24 hours a day and they would like to leave several conference bridges active all the time, day after day. We told them to stop and restart the conference at least once a day because we fear memory leaks will cause unexpected behavior.

Does anything have any experience leaving conference bridges active for days or weeks at a time?  Is there anything official from Cisco stating how long a bridge can stay up?

Or is there another product designed for that sort of application?

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
gogasca Wed, 01/27/2010 - 01:04
User Badges:
  • Green, 3000 points or more

You can configure in CUCM long duration from CUCM service parameters

in MCU we have an option too.

Which version you are running for MCU/EMP I dont recall any Memory leaks for newer versions. You should be ok

Not sure why you use an MCU (Video CFB) for Audio, itsok, but CUCM and DSPs in GW are designed just for this and i think are less pricy.

Tod Larson Wed, 01/27/2010 - 06:20
User Badges:

We are using the MCU since we had an extra in storage.  Previous management got on a video kick but then the new management doesn't want the video so we ended up with this spare MCU.  We also have no DSPs so using the MCUs for audio was a free solution that would support 50+ people dialing into conferences.

EMP ver 5.5.3.0.4 MVP

MCU ver 5.6.1.0.2 MP

I don't see any sort of long during parameter in the MCU.  Can you point me to it?

Thank you.

Actions

This Discussion