cisco AIR-LAP1131AG-E-K9 to autonomous AP

Unanswered Question
Jan 24th, 2010

Dear All,

I would like to return the cisco AIR-LAP1131AG-E-K9  to autonomous AP for it to function without WCS.

I have tryied 2 methods:

CLI: Here is the error:

ap: tar -xtract tftp://192.168.1.34/C:\Temp/c1130-k9w7-tar.123-7.JA3 flash:
tftp://192.168.1.34/C:\Temp/c1130-k9w7-tar.123-7.JA3: no such file or directory

I have checked every thing on my machine (OK) but i can not ping the AP ip address which is 192.168.1.33)

MODE BUTTON Here is the error:

button pressed for 20 seconds
process_config_recovery: set IP address and config to default 10.0.0.1
process_config_recovery: image recovery
image_recovery: Download default IOS tar image tftp://255.255.255.255/c1130-k9w7-tar.default

examining image...
%Error opening  (no such file or directory)Loading "flash:/c1130-rcvk9w8-mx/c1130-rcvk9w8-mx"...

Sometimes it returns checksums error although the ios is valid.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
rob.huffman Sun, 01/24/2010 - 09:01

Hi Kolawole,

It sounds like it might be a TFTP problem (no firewall on your PC?)

The likely culprit may be that you need to uncheck "hide extensions for known file types" on your TFTP server;

You can convert an access point from lightweight mode back to autonomous mode by loading a Cisco IOS Release that supports autonomous mode (Cisco IOS release 12.3(7)JA or earlier). If the access point is associated to a controller, you can use the controller to load the Cisco IOS release. If the access point is not associated to a controller, you can load the Cisco IOS release using TFTP.

Using a TFTP Server to Return to a Previous Release

Follow these steps to revert from LWAPP mode to autonomous mode by loading a Cisco IOS release using a TFTP server:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 1 The static IP address of the PC on which your TFTP server software runs should be between 10.0.0.2 and 10.0.0.30.

Step 2 Make sure that the PC contains the access point image file (such as c1200-k9w7-tar.122-15.JA.tar for a 1200 series access point) in the TFTP server folder and that the TFTP server is activated.

Step 3 Rename the access point image file in the TFTP server folder to c1200-k9w7-tar.default for a 1200 series access point, c1130-k9w7-tar.default for an 1130 series access point, and c1240-k9w7-tar.default for a 1240 series access point.

Step 4 Connect the PC to the access point using a Category 5 (CAT5) Ethernet cable.

Step 5 Disconnect power from the access point.

Step 6 Press and hold MODE while you reconnect power to the access point.

Step 7 Hold the MODE button until the status LED turns red (approximately 20 to 30 seconds) and then release.

Step 8 Wait until the access point reboots, as indicated by all LEDs turning green followed by the Status LED blinking green.

Step 9 After the access point reboots, reconfigure it using the GUI or the CLI.

Hope this helps!

Rob

kolawole1 Mon, 01/25/2010 - 07:47

Dear Rob,

I was able to solve the issue with your Help.

I would like to mark the issue as resolved and rate the post but i do not see the link.

Thanks.

rob.huffman Mon, 01/25/2010 - 09:41

Hi Kolawole,

You are most welcome my friend Glad you got things working.

If you want to rate posts in the new setup here, you use the "Stars"

at the bottom of the page. The far left star = 1 and the right hand star = 5.

Take care,

Rob

kolawole1 Mon, 01/25/2010 - 08:32

Dear Rob,

I was able to solve the issue with your Help.I would like to mark the issue as resolved and rate the post but do not see the link.

In order for windows vista clients (dell D530 lap top with wireless adapter integrated) to associate with the AP, do i need to install another cisco adapter ?

Thanks.

Ugochukwu Bright Tue, 09/11/2012 - 00:37

Hi kolawole

I have tried similar procedure but it did not work

Am not sure if Ap commicates with tftp server

I used 10.0.029 as server ip addd

Are there any specific config that needs to be done on tftp apart from putting the ap image on the tftp server folder.?

Thank you

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Amjad Abdullah Tue, 09/11/2012 - 00:39

This is a very old post. You better issue new discussion and describe your problem so we better assist you.

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

dbanyenza Wed, 09/24/2014 - 23:46

Hi everyone! 

I have this problem but I am new in this stuff;

where can i find an elaborated procedure to do this.

I really need this; thanks for your support.

Actions

This Discussion