Views
Helpful
Replies

Bounch Email Message Tracking

msalhauddin8
Level 1
Level 1

Hello IT guru's

Currently we have Iron C350 with version v5.5.1-011 - we have got an query that one of the user email has bouch back - and i need to trace that email through IronPort - weather this email have reached or bouch back, or SPAM.

Would you kindly let me know how i can trace such emails through IronPort ?

Kindly assist

5 Replies 5

pvdberg00
Level 1
Level 1

You can do a grep on the maillogs.

Via the CLI on the command  line "GREP" , select number of mail_logs, enter regular expression (message to be searched) and leave all the others to default. If you search on the MID you see all the lines according to that message.

Peter.

Thanks for your response.  As mention that i am currently new to this devices.. is there a way to check through GUI ?

that depends on the tools and machines.

If you have MFC installed on a windows machine you can track the message there. If you use a M-Sries for logging and reporting you can do a message track on that machine. Also if enabled you can do a message track on the C-Series in the GUI. I am not sure that option is in version 5 but it is definitly in version 6.

Peter.

Have a look on this URL http://www.ironport.com/pdf/ironport_email_security_management_datasheet.pdf

MFC ?? can i download this application from site ? and run the email tracking ?

So you mean after performing the upgrade from v5.5.1-011 to latest version let say 6.0 can i have these features ?

I think the best is not to  use MFC because it is not engineered anymore. The best is to use the on-box message tracking (I think it is in the user manual)

Peter.