cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WRV210 freezing - has to be rebooted frequently.

yngve
Level 1
Level 1

I purchased a WRV210 two months ago to etablish a VPN-link between me and my parents. I have been able to set up the VPN between WRV210 and Fritz!Box 7270 more or less problemless.

But after a week or so, the VPN goes down. After a few more days, the WRV210 freeze (at least at looks like from outside). I am not able to get access to it from internet (remote ADM) and my father are without internet-access.

Due to leak of technical knowledge "on-site", I have not be able to try to connect from LAN when that occurs.

After a reboot, the box is fit and running again. But it is quite annoying, especial since my parents are not comfortable rebooting it by their one without detailed guiding. I hoped this problem were solved when I upgraded the firmware to latest firmware, but unfortunately it is still there.

Hardware Version:WRTR-221G_V01
Software Version:2.0.0.11

Has anyone any idee how to solve this?

Y

4 Replies 4

dmorsberger
Level 1
Level 1

I am having the same problem. Please Help. Could it be the firmware version? Should I back down to the 1.x version?

My config:

DSL with dynamic IP

One VPN Tunnel

DHCP Server for 5 clients

Port mapping

denver-tulloch
Level 1
Level 1

I am also having the same problem.   There needs to be a fireware update asap.  This router is useless

right now.

mccollumm
Level 1
Level 1

I recently purchased three of these to connect my three retail locations together with vpn tunnels.  This morning, I woke up to find that all three routers had stopped working.  They all had to be rebooted.  This is just awful.  I've used Linksys equipment for a long time and never had this kind of unreliability.  There isn't even an option to set the router to do a nightly reboot.

SOLUTION   

Linksys Router WRV210: I have baught several of them and they all freez after about 24 hours. You can not remote manage and can not access any serevices behind the router. It must be rebooted.

I found the solution by installing the software version 1.1.17.

The GUI changes, but the system has all of its features and does not freez.

You can download this software version from this Cisco website.

Try it and let me know  haro_b@att.net

Posted on  04/16/2010

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: