cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

The cisco phone 7961G doesn't boot after a reset factory !

SnapStyle
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a probleme with my new 7961G. I try a reset factory on the phone and now it can't boot, it try an update, but it failded adn reboot again and again.

On the screen, there are the big logo CISCO and on the left bottom, a little point in a circle.

How can I solve my problem and pass this update ?

Regards,

Damien

6 Replies 6

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

After factory reset, the phone has to get TFTP address from DHCP.  After downloading the config file and firmware, the phone will try to register to CM based on the address specified in the config file.

If DNS was not populated via DHCP, make sure you use IP address instead of hostname at CUCM > System > Servers.

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

But, on my TFTP server, I have to put the factory firmware or the new updated firmware ?

And I can configurate nothing, so the phone ask to the TFTP server to have an ip address ?

If you're using CUCM as TFTP server, you don't have to worry about the details.

If you're using 3rd-party TFTP, you'll have to configure default.cnf.xml.  The "default" firmware version was specified by the configuration file.

Not quire sure what you mean by "the phone ask to the TFTP server to have an ip address".  TFTP server won't provide an IP address.  It's the job of DHCP.

Michael

I'm using a 3rd-party TFTP, I'm using solarwinds TFTP, so I'm going to try to configure the default.cnf.xml file.

I will told you if it will works or not.

Regards,

Damien

Just out of curiosity, why don't you use CM as the TFTP, it'll save you lots of time and trouble. 

If you decided to use 3rd-party TFTP, make you you read through this: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/phones/ps379/products_tech_note09186a008009485a.shtml

Michael

I'm don't using  CM tftp because I don't have a Cisco call manager, I'm using an other supplier for VOIP ! I don't use Cisco.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: