Views
Helpful
Replies

Duplicate Devices in LMS 3.0.1

lambay2000
Level 2
Level 2

Hello clark,

In device Management on common services I'm getting duplicate devices.the same no of devices are seen twice with the management IP (loopback IP address).what could be the possible reason.

Till yesterday it was fine i dont what gone wrong?

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You need to delete the duplicates from DCR first.  That is, go through DCR, and remove those duplicate entries which you do not want.  Then, run a new Discovery, and see if the deleted duplicates come back.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This could be CSCsm66330.  There is a consolidated patch for CSCtb16166 available on Cisco.com at http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/cw2000-cd-one .  Applying that, removing the duplicates, and running a new Discovery should not result in new duplicates.

hello clarke,

when i run the command i get the below error I'm doing according to readme file.

D:\>cd progra~1\cscopx\bin\perl CSCtb16166-0.pl
The system cannot find the path specified.

thanks clarke

Assuming you are in the directory where the patch lies (which you should be).  Run:

D:\progra~1\cscopx\bin\perl CSCtb16166-0.pl

Hello clarke,

Assuming you are in the directory where the patch lies??

I have kept the folder in D: and am running the command from cmd prompt

i have tried the below before Still i get the below error: Actually i not familar with windows command prompt can u send me the exact step to excecute the command.

D:\> progra~1\cscopx\bin\perl CSCtb16166-0.pl
Can't open perl script "CSCtb16166-0.pl": No such file or directory

i m running the command from start>run>cmd>D:\> progra~1\cscopx\bin\perl CSCtb16166-0.pl

Hello clarke,

The file is  excecuted thanks i was doing mistake after entering the folder i was not specifying the D:/ ,i was directly typing progra~1\cscopx\bin\perl CSCtb16166-0.pl

thanks,

Go Start > Run, and type in cmd.  Launch the command prompt, then change directory to the directory which contains the CSCtb16166-0.pl script.  Then run:

D:\progra~1\cscopx\bin\perl.exe CSCtb16166-0.pl

Hello clarke,

Still i can see duplicate devices  after running discovery, i see the IP address of the same device with the hostname.

Thanks

You need to delete the duplicates from DCR first.  That is, go through DCR, and remove those duplicate entries which you do not want.  Then, run a new Discovery, and see if the deleted duplicates come back.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: