cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

One line extension forwarding to different voicemail extension - working but not ringing

senatore_mike
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I have a line extension (x1192) that I have forwarding to a different voicemail extension (x6199). That seems to work fine, I added the alternate extension in the Unity Voicemail server. The problem is that when x1192 is dialed from the auto-attendant, it does not ring, it goes directly to voicemail. It does ring just fine internally when calling x1192 directly. Any ideas? Thanks for your help.

Mike

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Mike,

In Unity admin, go to Subscribers > Find the subscriber > Call Transfer > Standard transfer rule. Make sure that "Transfer incoming calls to a phone?" is set to "Yes, ring extension for" or "Yes, ring this extension".

Hope this helps.

Brandon

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Mike,

In Unity admin, go to Subscribers > Find the subscriber > Call Transfer > Standard transfer rule. Make sure that "Transfer incoming calls to a phone?" is set to "Yes, ring extension for" or "Yes, ring this extension".

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Thank you Brandon. That seems to have done the trick!

Mike

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: