Views
Helpful
Replies

Send After Hours Incoming calls straight to Voicemail

Shannon Sutter
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are running CUCM 6.1.3 and Unity 4.0.4.

I have currently setup on our mail line the standard greeting (Workhours 8am-6pm) and the closed greeting (AfterHours 6pm-8am).

What I am trying to do now, is to send straight to voicemail all After Hours incoming calls.

I have read it could be done from Unity.

If you let me know how to (Step by step) if will be great!!

Thanks for you help.

Zeek 

21 Replies 21

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Based on your description it sounds as if you have the calls already routed to a Unity Call Handler that has a Closed Greeting enabled? IF that is correct then adjusting it is on that same Closed Greeting page. You can specify what mailbox to save the message to; or, set the greeting to Blank and the after greeting action to the appropriate subscriber mailbox that should take the message.

What I am trying to do, is to send after hours straight to voicemail wihtout any ringing prior to the

greeting.

Hi,

Are you using attempt transfer to option or send to greeting option when selecting a subscriber on your closed hour greeting page? 2nd option would send the call right in to the mailbox without any rings.

There are few other options to achieve what you are trying to do but first try the above.

Thanks

Ovais.

The unity Subscriber account is configured like this:

Greeting: CLOSED

ENABLED

Source: Recording

After greeting: TAKE MESSAGE

If someone calls after hours it rings until you get the greeting, then you can leave a VM.

If I want the callers to go straight to the greeting with no ring waiting time, do I have to configure CUCM instead of Unity?

You have two options.  You can route all calls to that number through Unity, so that Unity can send the call to the phone during open hours and take a message during closed hours.  However, in our case, this created a short delay in which the caller heard Music on Hold, which was not a perferred solution.

Here is what I did:  We already had a 'direct-to-vm' partition.  This was a seperate partition that contained a single CTI RP of XXXX.  This was configured to forward all calls to VM.  We also have a *XXXX translation pattern that strips the * and using the CSS that specifies this 'direct-to-vm' partition.  This allows users to transfer a call directly into someone's VM without ringing their phone.  In order to have this happen automatically afterhours, I created an 'afterhours' partition that uses a time schedule so that it is only active afterhours.  In this partition, I created translation patterns for each number that I wanted automatically forward, and I specified the 'direct-to-vm' calling search space.  Then I inserted this 'afterhours' partition into the CSS that the VG uses (because we only cared about forwarding calls inbound from the PSTN) in front of everything else.  So, while that partition is active (i.e. afterhours), the calls get sent to Unity *before* they hit the IP Phone.

This system is working great for us.  The only drawback is that we need to create a seperate partition for each time schedule. For example, we have one partition for 8am-5pm, another for 7:30-4:30, etc etc.

Hope this helps,

Chris

Hi Chris and Iqbal,

Appreciate your guidance for the above query.

Sorry for this post in between. I have small concern can you assist me.

As we don't have dedicated receptionist at  office A so when caller dialed the main number 555 XXX  and pressed “0” for operator, it will ring the 2nd line on my colleague desk phone of office A

Query:

-          For 555 XXX, can we leave the greeting message for customer call in ?
-          Beside play the greeting, can we forward this number out to ring office A another number that belong in another office ?

And how to check if the 555 XXX is part of E1/T1 hunting line ?

julio
Level 1
Level 1

you are able to do this, in Unity, under the call Handler you have, select Greetings, there is option there to make it go directly to the Greeting or the user.

see the attached screen shot, you do not need to create time base partition / CTI port etc for your scenario,

just Unity Call Handler changes should do the job.

On the screen shot it is showing standard greeting, just change it to closed in your case.

Thanks

Ovais.

That's great, if Unity has the call.  But CUCM needs to route the call to Unity before Unity can make that ToD decision.  When a call comes into CUCM, unless CUCM is configured to route all calls to Unity and allow Unity to make the routing decision, CUCM will attempt to ring the phone and only forward to VM after the Ring No Answer timer has expired.

Chris

Correct, this is why i believe the configuration has to start under CUCM

I think we are confused here, did you not say intially that your main line # is already functioning?

which means that CUCM is already sending calls to UNITY Auto Attendant? if yes then simply change what I suggested for your closed greeting.

Thanks

Ovais.

The way I'm reading it, it is not an Auto Attendant.  It is just the main line / Front Desk phone.  It only gets routed to Unity (normally) on a Ring No Answer or Ring Busy.  Correct?

yes, correct, we don't have Auto Attendant configured.

It's the no ring no answer on CUCM ------> goes to Unity.

Sorry, I didn't really post much information of the scenario.

So the only way to get it to do what you want that I know of is the solution I outline above.  Let me know how it turns out or if you find a different solution.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: