Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unified Call Manager and ASA

gesnaudobs
Level 1
Level 1

Hi dear community,

As i'm not very familiar with security design I had 2 questions for whom know better ^^:

Beside security question, could you help me to understand in the scenario 2 of the precedent URL ,why the RTP would address to SUB? and why TRP could help even if the device is using MRGL that contains MTP that are located on the PUB lan?

Thanks a lot,

Greg

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

JustForVoice_2
Level 4
Level 4

regardign  the second question, for sure it is not recommended to split Pub and Sub using ASA. because a lot of traffic will flow between them. but also you can do it. you can split the cluster via WAN and in this case for sure there is a firewall. but to do this, the ping period should not exceed 2m seconds.

for the first point, I just need to say there is a document lists all ports required via Callmanager.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

JustForVoice_2
Level 4
Level 4

regardign  the second question, for sure it is not recommended to split Pub and Sub using ASA. because a lot of traffic will flow between them. but also you can do it. you can split the cluster via WAN and in this case for sure there is a firewall. but to do this, the ping period should not exceed 2m seconds.

for the first point, I just need to say there is a document lists all ports required via Callmanager.

Hi JustForVoice,

That's right, I don't know why I even think about cluster over the WAN... but that's fine, thx a lot!

Cheers,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: