Views
Helpful
Replies

ICM/IPCC Enterprise: Load Balancing between 2 IVRs using System PG

antonio.vazquez
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a question and I am not able to see the solution. I have 2 IVR type 9 configured into a System PG with two IVR pims. The problem is that when I perform a call, the call always goes to IVR number 2 and if I stop this IVR, the system doesn't work. I have verified that all is well configured, but I don't where the problem resides.

Any ideas?

Regards

8 Replies 8

Is the PIM active for this IVR?  Are all the same applications loaded to both IVRs?  Before load balancing you might want to ensure that both IVRs can function independently.

david

dchumbley
Level 1
Level 1

Check the IVR1 MIVR logs to see if the calls are even being routed to that IVR.  If they are then look in those logs for any errors that will indicate why calls are failing on it.  If calls aren't being routed at all to IVR1 then run rttest to check the status of the IVR1 and also check the TrunksInService variable.  This will let you know what the Router thinks the status of IVR1 is and why it may not be routing calls to it.

Excellent answer, dchumbley.

Regards,

Geoff

antonio.vazquez
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you for your answers.

David, I have verified that both PIMs are active.

Dchumbley, I have execute rttest status and this is the response:

Controller           LastStateChange             LastHeartBeat
IPCCSystem,1     CFO 01/21 08:40:55 (4.9 day)    01/26 08:33:44 (15 sec)
MediaRouting,2   CFO 01/18 12:28:40 (7.8 day)    01/26 08:33:57 (2 sec)

Peripheral           LastStateChange             LastHeardFrom
BADialer         CO  --                          01/18 12:28:43 (7.8 day)
CallManagerPIM   COS 01/22 12:45:24 (3.8 day)    01/26 08:33:51 (8 sec)

I have tested the following scenario:

If I have configured the network VRU with a label from the first IVR, the call arrives to first IVR, but if I configure 2 labels for both IVRs, the call always arrives the second IVR.

Any ideas?

Regards

In the rttest under peripherals, you should see all your peripherals, but you only see UCM and the dialer.  Are you sure the IVRs are configured?  If you go to PG explorer how are they configured?

david

Hi,

I have found the problem. The problem was that I have misconfigured the network VRU bank for each label. Indeed of configure the correct VRU bank, I had configured 'Network_VRU'  as Network VRU Bank.

I have configured each label with each correct Net Vru Bank and all starts to work fine.

Thank you for your help.

Regards

Then, what you mean is you made 1 network vru, 2 network vru label, 2 network trunk group and 2 network vru bank? Right?

Yes, this is correct way.

Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: