cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Prompt not playing at the Call Consult Transfer Successful branch

ktran-anet
Level 1
Level 1

I want to play "You are now placed in a conference" prompt (PlaceInConf) before connecting a caller to the conference at the Successful branch (see attached Prompt_Not_Playing.gif). But it won't play. It just bypasses this prompt and connects a caller straight in then ends the call. If I put this prompt outside the Call Consult Transfer step, just below the label "Connect" step, it plays just fine. Tells me that this is not a prompt issue.

Any assistance on how to make this prompt to play at the Successful branch would be greatly appreciated. Or is this simply impossible?

Thanks,

Kevin

5 Replies 5

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This is working as designed. The Success branch is only reached if the transfer succeeds (i.e. the call is no longer on the CCX server). You will have to modify your verbiage indicating that you are attempting to connect them to the conference and put it before the Call Consult Transfer step. If it fails, you can have additional prompts within the appropriate failure branches.

That's sad. I thought there should be a simple way to accomplish it.

This is how our third party conferencing system works today and I'm trying to duplicate that using Cisco Meetme. If a caller calls in the conference before the leader, he will be put on hold until the leader arrives. After the leader initiates the conference, the caller will hear a short message "You are now placed in a conference".

I thought this would be very simple but so disappointed to hear that Cisco can't get it to work.

Cisco has this functionality working perfectly, in their conferencing products MeetingPlace or WebEx. MeetMe is an extremely basic adhoc feature of UC Manager, was designed for on-net users to use on-demand, and should not be compared to a formal conferencing product. This is an apples-to-oranges comparison IMO.

Hi Both,

I have similar requirement but for adhoc conference. Here before a called pary is merged in conference he should be played message "This call will be recorded, press 1 if you want to join the conference press 0 to hang up". If caller presses '1' then only he should be bridged.

This is what I have thought to implement this:-

The conference initiator calls an a number to initiate IVR Script, the script asks him to enter the number to be called(conference participant's number), then the IVR script places call on this number(use "place call function"), once the recipient answers the call, IVR will announce the prompt to him "This call will be recorded, press 1 if you want to join the conference press 0 to hang up".

Questions:

1.Now how to merge this call with the conference initiator call(as conference call) if recipient presses 1??

2.What treatment can be given to the conference call initiator, for the suration when IVR is placing call out? Can we give him some hold music??

2.Can I use "Call Consult Transfer" function instead of place "call function"??

3.Will it be easier/possible to use Unity instead of IVR server for this?

Thanks

I have similar requirement but for adhoc conference. Here before a 
called pary is merged in conference he should be played message "This 
call will be recorded, press 1 if you want to join the conference press 0
 to hang up". If caller presses '1' then only he should be bridged.

If you are attempting to use this with MeetMe, the conference initiator cannot call through this IVR. They must use the MeetMe soft key on their phone to initiate the bridge. After the initiator has done this, participants could call the IVR, enter the MeetMe number, and be redirected using a Call Consult Transfer step if they press one to acknowledge the recording of the call. If a participant calls the IVR and enters a MeetMe conference number that has not been initiated, the transfer will fail. You would need to account for that scenario within your script.

1.Now how to merge this call with the conference initiator call(as 
conference call) if recipient presses 1??

Cisco CCX or IP IVR do not have a mechanism that allows you to bridge or conference contacts together.

2.What treatment can be given to the conference call initiator, for the 
suration when IVR is placing call out? Can we give him some hold music??

Yes using the Call Consult Transfer step. The contact will hear Network Hold until the far-end answers for the transfer to complete.

2.Can I use "Call Consult Transfer" function instead of place "call 
function"??

Yes.

3.Will it be easier/possible to use Unity instead of IVR server for 
this?

Yes it is possible. "Easier" is a matter of opinion. My opinion/preference is to use CCX or IP IVR; however, feel free to try both and decide for yourself which you prefer.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: