Which LAP will have better coverage 1250 series or 1140 series?

Unanswered Question
Jan 25th, 2010

I have a hotel scenario for wireless coverage inside rooms

Suppose I want to choose (cost is not an issue at all but main requirement is better coverage)

I have two options with me and I have to choose one

Device Option 1.

AIR-LAP1252G-E-K9  (single band) devices with antenae

AIR-ANT2430V-R   Omnidirectional  3 dBi

Ceiling-mount indoor omni-directional antenna with three
cables terminating in RP-TNC connectors. For use only
with the 1250 Series Access Points. For use in the 2400-
2500 MHz frequency band. The pigtail cables are plenum
rated and 36” long each.

Device Option 02.

AIR-LAP1141N-E-K9—Single-band Controller-based 802.11g/n

with integrated antena

/* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:Arial; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;}

01.Suppose client is using wireless G. Which option better? more coverage or signal better?

02.Suppose Client is Using wireless N ,which A.P is will give more coverage...or signal better?

03.If we try to use both options one by one .......then in which option we will be needed to cover with

lesser no of LAP?or do u think it will be same no of devices?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
gamccall Tue, 01/26/2010 - 05:55

Chances are it will end up being the same number of devices. The 1250 does have a slightly larger coverage footprint than the 1140, but not enough to save you any actual APs in most real world situations. And since the 1140 is smaller, cheaper, less obtrusive, and much easier to power than the 1250, I'd strongly consider using the 1140 instead.

If you want to be really sure, you should survey a floor with each AP and see what your actual results are.

Actions

This Discussion