cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Holiday / Emergency Announcements - CCX Enhanced 7.0(1)

daljeetsingh1_2
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

I have a couple of similar question, please help me figuring out how can i make this work. Its very basic thing for UCCX premium but not able to figure out how to do this in UCCX Enhanced.

I have UCCX Enhanced 7.0(1), HA deployment

While starting the script i need to check two things.

- Holiday announcments - Customer wants to feed national holidays somewhere and we have to check  for the valid holiday and play proper announcement and hang up the call, or how it can be done in any ways..

similarly

- Emergency announcments - Customer wants to record emergency message if there is some emergency and script should check for it and play the announcement and hang up the call, or how it can be done in any ways..

These are two basic q's i have, please someone help me addressing the same.

Thanks,
Daljeet

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ah ok, sorry i missed that bit!

Looking at the script you have a user authentication then straight to the upload, you need a Get User then Authenticate User to pop in the password.

Hope it works

Jon

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

How are you doing it in premium that is failing in enhanced? The most common way to do this is with XML files which do work in enhanced.

Thanks Jonathan for responding. In Premium what we did in couple of projects, we had different emergeny script where Call Center manager will call and record the emergency message which goes and updates a table which we created on external SQL server, so in the main script we use to check status of  emergeny in the table if "0" or "1" , if 1 then play the message else carry on with the script.

I am not sure how this will work with XML, can you please guide me a bit about it? any sample script / xml doc will also be helpful.

Thanks,

Daljeet

I believe there is an XML example in the Cisco Contact Center Express Script Repository.

The basics are that you can use Xpath to parse an XML file within the script. Think of it like a directory structure for XML. W3Schools.com has a good tutorial on it. Otherwise there has been a significant amount of discussion about it on the forum before. You may want to start with a search.

Jonathan, Thanks for the pointer, i can see couple of scripts for checking emergency and holiday in script repository. I will have a look at them and will let u know how it goes...

Thanks Again. Daljeet

Just a note to add. The reason it was working in Premium is because data dipping is only activated in that version. Enhanced version doesn't come with it.

Hi Jonathan/All,

I have developed this emergency script which i am attaching(Emergency_Test_Script.aef).

Logic

Call Center guy will call

Press 1 to Check Existing emergency message

Press 2 to Enable -> Going to XML document and updating the status True

Press 3 to Disable -> Going to XML document and updating the status false.

Press 4 to Record

After user press 4 to record, Script start the recording after beep.

After user finishes he has to press #, and then i am playing the same recorded prompt back to the user.

Again giving user option

Press 1 to Keep the recording

Press 2 to rerecord.

When pressing 2 its goto label back to recording

But when pressing 1, i am trying to upload the recorded file which is not happening. I am checking using "Get User" taking ipccadmin user into local user and then in success node i am uploading, looks like system doesnt like this "Get User" node or something else.(checked it doing reactive debugging)

Can you or someone please have alook at the script and guide me if i am doing something wrong to upload the script?

this last peice is still hanging in between, i have tried different things but none of them worked.

Would appreciate your guidance.

Thanks,

Daljeet

Hello I have a simular need for Emergancy line, that the user would like to update the recording and allow for callers to hear what is there. My question what is in the XML file can I get and example of the XML file to upload for this ?

gbljoba
Level 1
Level 1

I agree XML is the easiest way to resolve the public holiday issue.

The easiest thing to do for the emergency prompt is to leave a blank prompt before your main menu. Under normal operation, it will pass quickly but providing you have a prompt recording application it takes no time to re-record the prompt with a message.

/Jon

Hi,

I am trying to get this Emergency Script work which is in the script respository for 7.0.1

I have couple of questions if someone can look into and guide me a bit.

1) When it asks for "Prompt caller to enter his user id in the form of digits" - it means script will only accept user id in digits &  no alphabets?

& Which means this user id can be e.g. 123456? and same has to be populated in XML?

2) How caller will enter this step and how system will check ?  "Caller will then be asked to enter their lastname and firstname, in that order
Application is trying to lookup the user in the directory" - Do we need to populate the same in the XML? or will it goto CCM directory to check these details? and how about PIN?

3) Which emergency message this script will play?, i am not able to figure this out, as no where in the script caller is asked to record any emergency message, it just talks about press 1 to enable, press 2 to disable or press 3 to cancel. - But which message?

I am attaching this script, please help me on the above questions.

Thanks,

Daljeet

Hi Daljeet,

Im fairly new but this script seems to be used to enable some emergency routing not play a message. I dont think using this will give you the results you want. As i said earlier its far simpler to have a blank prompt play all the time and build a prompt reccording app to change it. You can controll access to the reccording app with some simple PIN variables and IF steps.

One way of tackleing the userid issue is to convert the name into digits e.g Daljeet would be 3255338 (i.e 3 (d), 2 (a), 5 (l), 5 (j), 3 (e), 3 (e), 8 (t))

Regards

Jon

Jon, the message you posted was for my previous question. Thanks anyways, but i have changed the complete logic of

the script this time and doing this which i posted half an hour ago again pasting it.

Hi Jonathan/All,

I have developed this emergency script which i am attaching(Emergency_Test_Script.aef).

Logic

Call Center guy will call

Press 1 to Check Existing emergency message

Press 2 to Enable -> Going to XML document and updating the status True

Press 3 to Disable -> Going to XML document and updating the status false.

Press 4 to Record

After user press 4 to record, Script start the recording after beep.

After user finishes he has to press #, and then i am playing the same recorded prompt back to the user.

Again giving user option

Press 1 to Keep the recording

Press 2 to rerecord.

When pressing 2 its goto label back to recording

But when pressing 1, i am trying to upload the recorded file which is not happening. I am checking using "Get User" taking ipccadmin user into local user and then in success node i am uploading, looks like system doesnt like this "Get User" node or something else.(checked it doing reactive debugging)

Can you or someone please have alook at the script and guide me if i am doing something wrong to upload the script?

this last peice is still hanging in between, i have tried different things but none of them worked.

Would appreciate your guidance.

Thanks,

Daljeet

Ah ok, sorry i missed that bit!

Looking at the script you have a user authentication then straight to the upload, you need a Get User then Authenticate User to pop in the password.

Hope it works

Jon

Trying to do something similar but instead of having one emergency prompt our help desk would like to record 9 canned outages (professionally recorded Email, Virus alert, internet down etc....) prompts and one blank one. So,  if an outage occures  then  a help desk manager dials in and activate the related outage prompt (one of the ten prompts). The prompt will play in the main script when someone calls in for help before any other prompts. Later, when the outage is resolved the same manager dials in and select the blank prompts (1/4 second long).

following this

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: