cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPC video conf.

seaman0555
Level 1
Level 1

I have tried to find documentation on how it is supposed to work, we can video call between 2 users, but when a third is added video goes away.  Is this how it works, is there something else that needs to be setup in Meeting Place?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

When you have more than two parties in a call, you need a DSP to bridge all three together. For voice calls this happens with the PVDM resources in your IOS router typically. For a video call you need a Multipoint Control Unit (MCU). This provides the video-capable DSPs to bridge the video calls together.

Cisco Unified  Videoconferencing 5200 Series Products

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

When you have more than two parties in a call, you need a DSP to bridge all three together. For voice calls this happens with the PVDM resources in your IOS router typically. For a video call you need a Multipoint Control Unit (MCU). This provides the video-capable DSPs to bridge the video calls together.

Cisco Unified  Videoconferencing 5200 Series Products

Is this something that can be set to use Meeting Place resources?

I belive the cause of the problem the meeting place. to esclate the call to video you should have MeetingPlace or MeetingPlace Express server.

We have meeting place express setup, a video conf bridge registered to the meeting place, but when we merge two video calls to become a video conference we lose the video portion.  Any ideas?

Is this licensed as MeetingPlace Express VT (ad-hoc) or MeetingPlace Express (scheduled mode)? If memory serves, it  cannot be both and will only act as an ad-hoc video bridge whe licensed in VT mode?

What version of UCM and MPE?

Is the video conferencing resource listed above the audio resource in the MRGL?

We are licensed for meeting place express, from the docs I find we should be able to have ad hoc conferences.  I have made sure the video bridge is the first list resource and even removed the other resources for testing.  We are still able to have a voice conference, but I don't see it in the in-session monitor on the meeting place.  It looks like configuration is correct.

Just to confirm: Do all three users call the MeetingPlace pilot number and you loose video when the third person joins the conference; or does use A call B directly and then use the Conference softkey on their phone to add C?

If the later where users are calling each other directly, I believe this will only work if you are licensed for MeetingPlacess Express VT. If you have the ability to schedule meetings, you do not have the VT product. My understanding of the product is that only the VT version will act as an ad-hoc bridge.

Cisco  Unified MeetingPlace Express VT 2.0

Initiating a mutiparty voice or video session  using Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Express VT is as simple as dialing the  user you want to add and pressing the Conference or Merge button on the  Cisco Unified IP phone, Cisco IP Communicator, or Cisco Unified Personal  Communicator.

Cisco  Unified MeetingPlace Express 2.0

Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Express includes  Microsoft Outlook, Web, Cisco Unified IP phone, and touchtone phone  interfaces for setting up and attending meetings. In a single step,  meeting organizers can initiate an immediate (reservationless) voice,  Web, and video conference from any of these interfaces.

Notice the difference in verbiage? VT provides ad-hoc conferencing from an existing call. MPE provides outlook, browser, a call-in number, or an XML service to manage meetings from but it does not mention an existing call.

Update we are able to make a video conference with the video bridge listed first, does this mean that voice only conference calls will also use meeting place resources?

We are initiating the conference the second way.

It depends on your version of UCM. There is a concept of Intelligent Bridge Selection which will skip the video conference resource if one or none of the call participants have video capabilities. I forgot what version this feature was added in so you may want to do a little research if you do not have a current release.

You are able to have both scheduled meetings and adhoc video calls with Meeting Place Express, you only get 6 trial licenses to do adhoc calls with though.

Hi,

in my integration I exactely encounter the same problem means 2 users can use the ad-hoc mpe-vt for the video call but when a third user is coming then all the three users just see the local video and the remote one still stay black.

I configured the mpe as described in the cisco documentation and I cannot determine the source of the problem.

Can you help me to point the issue ? Do you resolve it ?

Thanks for your reply,

Dom.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: