AP frequently association and disassociation

Unanswered Question
Jan 26th, 2010

We have an WLC 4402 running 5.2.157 code and WCS 5.2. AP1131 & 1142 is using in our environment.

In our environment, we find that there are frequent AP association and disassociation events in the WCS.

Usually association event will come up after a few minutes of the disassociation event.

From the trap log in the WLC, I could see the following

AP 'XXX', MAC: XXX disassociated previously due to AP Reset. Last reboot  reason: power loss

and some message is like that

AP 'XXX', MAC: XXX disassociated previously due to AP Reset. Last reboot reason: operator changed 11g mode     

Any Idea on that ???

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
ibm.alexl Tue, 01/26/2010 - 19:24

I have some difficulties in upgrading to a major release (Not technical issue)

Is there any configuration / work around could solve the problem???

Thanks.

Leo Laohoo Thu, 01/28/2010 - 18:12

I've seen happen when I used to run 5.x firmware.  When I upgraded to 6.X everything went away.

bchaltraw Fri, 01/29/2010 - 15:56

I too am having this issue, I am running a WiSM with 6.0.188.0.  The AP will connect then say %CAPWAP-3-ERRORLOG: Retransmission count for packet exceeded max(CAPWAP_ECHO_REQUEST) and reboot.

Was suggested by TAC to do two simatanious captures.  That's interesting to setup with a all Fiber 6500 and no copper available.  Come on, there has to be something to this. I have been reading this same issue all over the place. My AP is one switch away from my core, no interface drops or errors, and the AP is dropping 5 packets and the AP goes POOF?

Just doesn't make sense..

Actions

This Discussion