cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Caller ID problem in Mexico SPA9000 and SPA400

calvaradobcm
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone i'm having issues with caller ID here in mexico, my telephone provider is Telmex and i can figure out the way to get the called Id working. Can you help me with this? I have selected european Fsk in the spa400 and in some calls the caller id is shown correctly but in some others it shows anonymous. The reason i selected FSK method instead of North American is because the default method never worked. I have the firmware 6.1.5 in the spa9000 and 1.1.22 in the spa400.

I hope you can help me if you need any additional information just ask me, thanks in advance.

Carlos Alvarado.

7 Replies 7

cvaccari
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Sir,

I suggest to change also the following parameters in the voice section of Your SPA400:

Receive Gain:3

Impedance: 600 Ohms

Tip/Ring Voltage: 3.5 V

Operational Loop Current Min: 10 mA

On-hook Speed: < 0.5 ms

DC Current Limiting: Disable

You can keep the Caller ID Method 'European (FSK)'.

Best Regards.

Hi, I  aprecciate your help, but even with those settings and the beta firmware for the spa400 i still can't get the caller id, sometimes it works and sometimes it shows anonymous. Do you have any aditional parameters that i can try on?

Thank you in advance.

Regards.

Carlos Alvarado.

Hello Mr. Alvarado,

Please try to check (select/activate) in the Voice tab of the spa400 the following option - Baterry reversal as disconnect signal. Most probably by implementing this modification your problem will be solved. Also i kindly ask you to read the information present in the below link. 

http://www.telmex.com/mx/asistencia/problemasenlinea/faq_problemasenlinea_r8.html

Please let us know what is the result of your test.

Thank you in advance for your time and collaboration.

Best Regards,

Bozhidar Nedyalkov

Hi, and thanks for the support, i've already enable that particular setting on the SPA400, but still got the same issues, another fact is that i have tried with another lines in other sites and got the same result. I hope you guys have another setting that i can try with. I'm attaching you a print screen of my config. if you need any additional information let me know.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Carlos Alvarado.spa400_voice - 2010.02.11 17.10.jpg

Hi,

I have this same problem, however when using the following settings worked for me.

Note that I have:

spa9000 (6.1.5)

spa400 (1.1.2.2)

spa941 (5.1.8)

Telmex is my provider and I use analog lines.

Sometimes I received calls as "anonymous" but I've notice this happends only when they enter from one of my lines where I don't have the caller id service active (I'm going to activate and update)

Good luck

Receive Gain:3

Impedance: 600 Ohms

Tip/Ring Voltage: 3.5 V

Operational Loop Current Min: 10 mA

On-hook Speed: < 0.5 ms

DC Current Limiting: Disable

Caller ID Method 'European (FSK)'

clonick22
Level 1
Level 1

i'm from monterrey mexico and as mr. alvarado i'm trying to do working a system with the caller id in mexico.

i'm not using a cisco systems for it, otherwise i'm using analog modems but the essential is the same, the exact standards in the ISDN in mexico for correctly interpret the  information of the CID.

so i hope if exist more interesed for solve this issue, maintain this thread active and/or in all in contact for more fast response about the solution.

hector fdz [clonick]

opendinamix
Level 1
Level 1

After years I found my reply on this post and I want to add; I never managed SPA9000 and SPA400 caller ID to work fine with TELMEX. Now I moved to AXTEL and the caller ID is working just fine. But different problems araise, as that sometimes when a call is hung up on the AA the SPA400 port keeps Off-Hook avoiding new calls.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: