cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP4410N not working with Macbook & Iphone

tgpastoors
Level 1
Level 1

I recently purchased the WAP4410N to be an accesspoint for guests in our building. We configured it with WPA2 personal secuirty and B,G,N Mix. It seems to be working for all of our clients with PC's, however we have had conncection issues with connecting the Macbook Pro and Iphones to this point. Today I even updated the firmware to 2.0.0.12 with no change. There has to be something in the setup that I did wrong, any help would be greatly appreciated.

2 Replies 2

edpaz
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Sir,

Are you using your WAP4410n as a simple Wireless connection ( phyical connection to your router, switch, etc., etc.) and just provisioning the Wireless tab for wireless connection?

Or you have the WAP4410n with a AP Mode Tab (Access Point, Wireless Repeater, or a Wireless Bridge)

What would do if you are just using the WAP4410n as a Wireless connection. I would set it up with WPA-Personal Security with TKIP and a password for starters. Now all PC will see the change and will request the password for the WPA-Personal connection. Now check to see if the Macbook and the iPhone connects with WPA-Personal.

I did a test with my iPhone and works fine with WPA-Personal and WPA2. but this is just as a simple Wireless Connection not using AP Mode Tab.

tgpastoors
Level 1
Level 1

I finally figured out the issue and it was not the WAP4410N, it was an old software version on my WatchGuard firewall. Apparently with this older version it was not providing all the DHCP info over VLAN that a Apple machine requires. After a quick update to my WatchGuard it was business as usual.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: