My CCVP Expired. What tests to recertify?

Answered Question
Jan 26th, 2010

My CCVP expired about a year ago along with my CCNP and CCNA. I'm looking at getting my CCVP back and see that a pre-requisite is the CCNA Voice. So it looks like I can take the regular CCNA along with CVOICE and that will give me the CCNA Voice. Since CVOICE is one of the tests for CCVP I figured this would be the best and cheapest route to getting my CCVP again. I figure 6 tests in all at a total cost of $1000. Does this seem like my best route or can someone suggest another path?

Thanks,

Jason

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by Brandon Buffin about 6 years 11 months ago

Jason,

Yes, this is definitely your best path. As you're aware, expired certifications cannot be renewed, so you'll be starting from scratch.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
Brandon Buffin Tue, 01/26/2010 - 12:04

Jason,

Yes, this is definitely your best path. As you're aware, expired certifications cannot be renewed, so you'll be starting from scratch.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

johnnylingo Fri, 01/29/2010 - 21:28

Have you kept fairly up to date on R&S or Voice?  Do you have more than 5 years of experience in either field?

If so, rather than start from scratch, I'd suggest going straight for CCIE.   You'll have to spend about $500 on study materials and one or two $350 attempts at the exam. 

In particular, the jump from CCVP to CCIE-V shouldn't be that great as long as you've kept up with CallManger versions and can get some basic experience with CME, CUE, and IPCC.

jaywydra Sat, 01/30/2010 - 10:36

Thanks for your response.

I have kept up to date. I passed the CCIE route/switch and voice exams years ago. If I take the CCIE voice exam now will that recertify my CCVP and CCNP even though they expired last year?

Thanks,

Jason

Brandon Buffin Sat, 01/30/2010 - 12:42

No, expired certifications cannot be recertified. You would need to pass all required exams to obtain the cert again.

Brandon

Actions

This Discussion