Views
Helpful
Replies

questioned devices in DFM

ROMAN TOMASEK
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I installed LMS 3.2 on Win2008 Server without ACS integrations. I have all devices (43) in DCR and all credentials are correct. These devices are managed by RME correctly (I have all configs in archive management, I have all these devices in inventory database...). But I have a problem with these devices in DFM. When I use auto or manual synchronization with DCR - all these devices are in the questioned state. I tried to use rediscovery in DFM, I tried to use delete and add devices in the DFM, but the result is always same - questioned state:-( I installed patch dfm3.2-win-CSCta56151.tar - the installation was succesful, but the result for all devices is same - questioned state:-( The snmp-server engineid is not configured on all these devices. So can you help me with this problem?? Thank you

10 Replies 10

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What is the reason DFM is giving for why the devices are in a questioned state?  In order for DFM to manage a device, the device must be reachable by both SNMP and ICMP on the IP address by which it has been added to DFM.

Hello

I can ping all devices (43) from LMS server.

What is the reason DFM is giving for why the devices are questioned?

SNMP Timeout:-( I tried to change the snmp timeout (20s) and the number of retries (5), but without success.:-(

Start a sniffer trace filtering on ICMP and udp/161 traffic to one affected device.  Then rediscover that device in DFM.  When it goes to a Questioned state, post the sniffer trace file.

I'm sorry for my late answer. There is the output from the Packet Capture for device 10.1.250.10.

I don't see any problems in this trace, but it only seems to cover 18 seconds.  Does the device go to a Questioned state in only 18 seconds?

Yes, I deleted this device from the DFM database, then I started the Packet Capture and then I manually add this device into DFM. After cca. 15 sec this devices was in the questioned state.

Then at this point, I recommend you open a TAC service request so they can walk you through enabling the EMC DFM debugging to see why the engine is considering this an SNMP timeout.

Thank you for your help, Joe. I opened the TAC case for this problem. Roman

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: