cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DMZ design assistance

jidesai01
Level 1
Level 1

I'm in a situation where I need to put a blade server that connects to the core switch in the DMZ.  I can't physically connect the blade server on the isolated DMZ switch.  The reason being is that some of the blades on the blade server chassis need to be accessed from the inside network only.  What is the best way to connect to the blade server to the dmz and the inside network?  Thanks

2 Replies 2

Kureli Sankar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You just need to provide translation for the inside host that will try to reach the blade server on the dmz. Let us say the inside host's ip is 10.10.10.1 and it is trying to reach the dmz blade server. Irresepective of the blade server's IP address if you have the following static

static (inisde,dmz) 10.10.10.1 10.10.10.1

it should work fine.

-KS

The Blade server is on the inside (secure side) of the network.  We want to utilize the blade server chassis to have a mix of servers.  We want some servers on the blade chassis for internal use and some for external (to our network) use.  What is the most secure way to make some servers on the blade server chassis exposed to the outside world?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card