AnyConnect VPN Client - works with IPsec

Answered Question
Jan 27th, 2010

Hi,

How Can I do to AnyConnect VPN Client works with ipsec?

I tried with SSL and is working normally.

But with IPsec not work. Do I need to do something?

Thanks,

Rodrigo

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by Ivan Martinon about 6 years 12 months ago

Rodrigo, Anyconnect only works with SSL, in order to use IPSec you need the Cisco VPN Client.

Overall Rating: 5 (2 ratings)
Correct Answer
Ivan Martinon Wed, 01/27/2010 - 08:21

Rodrigo, Anyconnect only works with SSL, in order to use IPSec you need the Cisco VPN Client.

joebenz Wed, 01/27/2010 - 09:20

Will the Cisco VPN Client and IPSec continue to work after upgrading the ASA from 7.x to 8.x?

joebenz Wed, 01/27/2010 - 09:25

Awesome, thanks!  That's been my concern with upgrading to 8.x.  Since they came out with AnyConnect, I didn't know if they were doing away with IPSec.  And I was having a difficult time finding documentation on it.

Nelson Rodrigues Wed, 01/27/2010 - 21:11

IPsec is not going away @ Cisco. The VPN client continues to be one the most popular apps deployed.

The VPN Client is supported on 32-bit systems. A 64-bit IPSec VPN cleint is also being worked on for sometime this year.

AnyConnect SSL VPN has aways supported 32-bit and 64-bit systems. The next generation version of the AnyConnect being worked on will also include IPsec component (using IKE-V2).

VPNHaus_SF_2 Fri, 01/29/2010 - 06:17

/* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}

Looks like you have some options... Is this an immediate need?  If so, it's worth checking out NCPs client.  It is definitely compatible with both 32/64 bit machines and easy to configure. 

Here is the datasheet for more information: http://www.ncp-e.com/fileadmin/pdf/datenblaetter/NCP_DS_Entry_Client_Win32_64.pdf

http://vpnhaus.ncp-e.com/

Actions

This Discussion