cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity CNX- Email

mymite060708
Level 1
Level 1

Simple question here, can unity connection be integrated into exchange so users corporate emails can be played through the phone? like full UM?

2 Replies 2

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

Unity Connection uses integrated messaging, which is different than unified messaging.  If the Exchange server supports IMAP - service must be enabled on the server, users can create an IMAP connection from Outlook.  The voice messages are available from the IMAP folder in Outlook, appears like another inbox in the user's Outlook.  Voice messages remain on the UC server, but can be played/managed from Outlook.  There is a ViewMail for Unity Connection that makes this interface even easier.  Here's a link to the guide that will explain how to configure - http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/7x/administration/guide/7xcucsag175.html

Regards, Ginger

Thanks for that, yep got all the IMAP stuff working just wondered if i could integrate with corporate email- so the answer is now

one more quick one, my phone is playing emails sent from imap accounts and tells me there  attachment (wav file) but it does not offer to play it, do I have to enable that anywhere?

thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: