cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Windows 7 Quick VPN client for WRVS4400N

spyla1969
Level 1
Level 1

Any idea when QucikVPN client for Windows 7 that will work with WRVS4400N v2 will be out?

16 Replies 16

spyla1969
Level 1
Level 1

Bump

Anyone got it to work in Windows 7, any third party solutions?

The Quick VPN will "work" in Windows 7 32bit if you play with the compatibility settings for the program.  I've had it working on Windows 7 32bit.  However if you have a 64bit version of Windows 7 you are out of luck.  Linksys(Cisco) is teying to sell this as a Business Class device but doesn't support 64bit?  How many laptops are 64bit now? Like all of them.  In my mind it is just their attempt to force us into a more expensive Cisco native VPN solution.  I am sure the boys over at Cisco could solve the Quick VPN 64bit issue before Lunch if they wanted to.

The only work around even mentioned by Small Business Support(nice people) is to use Shrew VPN setting up an IPSec tunnel.  They do not support Shrew of course because it is a 3rd party app - even though theire app doesnt work at all.... so maybe a little help???  Supposedly you can get this to work to the point you don't have to configure a tunnel for every IP address you are going to connect from.  Otherwise you have to creat a tunnel for every ip address you are going to VPN from... so every Airport, Starbucks...... that's realistic.

The bottom line is I convinced a client to purchase a more expensive VPN device and now it is unusable.  The only thing I can see doing is purchasing a different VPN solution.  Does anyone out there have a sub $300 VPN device that has a 64bit client?

Cheers

What settings, exactly, did you use.  I haven't been successful getting it to work on my Win7 32bit.

The Quick VPN will "work" in Windows 7 32bit if you play with the compatibility settings for the program.

Ryan,

I tried your suggestion; however it did not work at all.??? Did you do anything else that simple adding the check in the compatibility mode??

Please, advise.

Again... Cisco people,,, do you have any plans to have a quickvpn client for windows 7 at all. I believe your loyal clients need a concrete response.

If you check the internet blogs you will find out that many people is trying to find third party answers to resolve a problem which should betaken care of by CISCO many weeks ago............

Regards, Erasmo Marcano (an unhappy customer)

To work in WIndows 7 32bit I first used the Windows XP SP3 compatabality and wored with luimited success.  Switching to Vista.  I tried the different Service Packs and eventually found the original Vista to work best.  I wish I could say I did something more technical but that was it.

I have worked on the phone with the Cisco Small Business Support team to try and get Shrew VPN up and running for use on the 64 bit platform.  The people that make the decesion to slow roll the 64bit VPN Client may be bad people but there are some amazing techs over there in the support department.  I have logged a good 4 to 5 hours of tech time with 2 different techs and they jpounding away trying to find a resolution even if it meas a 3rd party application.  In the end they were able to get it to work on Windows 7 64bit but only if that PC ws usign a routable IP address.  Behind a Router/Firewall we were not successfull.  Again I can't say enough about the techs I worked with.  You have to get the right ones as some will just say "yeah we don't support 64 Bit" but the good people are there.

What is this about the Quick VPN Beta released on the 18th?????

Hello Everyone;

I have Cisco Quick VPN Client ver 1.4.2.1 working just fine with Windows 7 Pro service pack 1 64 Bit.

Do the following:

1- Install the VPN client on a machine you are going to use for remote.

Here is the link to ver 1.4.2.1 of course you will have to login, you can easily create an ID http://www.cisco.com/cisco/software/cart.html?imageGuId=56DC669553D19540F7A0E9A619AB4BEABA27D7E8&i=rs

2- Enable only domain networks firewall, you can enable the rest like home and public but I choose not to becuase I can use RDP.

3- Add WINS IP if you have a Wins server at home like I do.

4- Create a new certificate and export from the cisco portal of the router to C:\Programs Files\Cisco Small Business

5- On the router VPN settings make sure you enable the following

a- IPsec PassThrough.

b- PPTP PassThrough.

c- L2TP PassThrough.

The client is very stable and I have no problems with it working on either XP or Win7 32 or 64 bit.

Be sure to follow these directions to the letter other wise it will not work.

I love the router and it is an excellent product by Cisco.

xpiramental
Level 1
Level 1

I think we need a straight answer to when they are going to release a version that willl work with win 7 64 bit. There has been discussion abou the release since 2008. Why should you have to fall 2 operating systems back to use a new routers vpn software? at least we could be told a expected release date.

erasmomar
Level 1
Level 1

Please, advise.

Again... Cisco people,,, do you have any plans to have a quickvpn client for windows 7 at all. I believe your loyal clients need a concrete response.

If you check the internet blogs you will find out that many people is trying to find third party answers to resolve a problem which should betaken care of by CISCO many weeks ago............

Regards, Erasmo Marcano (an unhappy customer)

Vista 64 released Jan 30, 2007

Cisco VPN client for the above, released beta Feb 18, 2010

Take your own conclusions regarding timeliness and accountability of Cisco's PC software.

Does anyone know where to download this Beta of the 64bit QVPN?  I tried Dlink, Netgear and no one seems support 64 bit...  crazy.

Has anyone used the NCP or ShrewVPN successfully in 64bit?  Sonicwall Maybe?

Good Luck 64bit people!  So beyond desperate.

Cheers,

Ryan

Beta is for regular VPN client, not "quick".

Check the announcement in this same forum.

EDIT: to the person that rated my post above "1 star", please mention what I'm saying is incorrect.

Did you ever get Quick VPN Client to work correctly.  Im having some trouble setting it up...

Paul

have been using the latestVPN client software, it is working fine. Downloaded it few weeks ago from cisco site

marek_gernat
Level 1
Level 1

Install QuickVPN client ,dont change compatibility mode..

Make sure the Windows 7 firewall is turned on.
Restart your computer then:

1. Right click on Computer Icon
2. Select Manage
3. Select Services and Applications
4. Select Services
5. Sort by Name
6. Look for and right click on IKE and AuthIP IPsec Keying Modules (Should not be disabled, if so, do the rest below)
7. Select Properties
8. Make Startup Type be: Automatic

9. Restart PC and try QuickVPN..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: