Unanswered Question
Jan 27th, 2010

I have to download IOS into my 10K cisco router.  The problem is I am getting the TFTP server route from VRF table and not global routing table.  Is there any way I can download from VRF table?

The current ios command is copy tftp<> flash<>

Thanks for your reply

I have this problem too.
1 vote
Overall Rating: 5 (12 ratings)
sachinraja Wed, 01/27/2010 - 12:27

Hi Nitin

Is it possible for you to leak the route from VRF to the global IP routing table  or vice versa ? once your vrf route leaks to global, your router will be able to see the tftp server on normal ip routing table. Im not sure about your internal setup or complications, but you can probably have a look at this doc for more help:

Hope this helps..  all the best..

caiw netwerkbeheer Wed, 01/27/2010 - 13:45

Ik think you can solve your problem to set your tftp source interface to one into the correct vrf

try "ip tftp source interface X"  where X is member of the vrf

lordbigsack Mon, 12/08/2014 - 15:11

sorry to resurrect an old thread, but thanks.  Saved my bacon for a VSS ios upgrade.

Ihor Kohut Wed, 03/09/2011 - 05:13

Hi Guys!

Here is a bit different side of the problem...

I have Catalyst 4948-10GE with management port which is connected via few Catalyst 2960 trunk ports to Catalyst 6509. All management of our devices is conducted through special VLAN. My workstation is on differnet vlan from management, but i have access to management vlan (ha, obvious). 6509 provides routing between vlans. When i connect my pc directly to Management port of 4948 i have ssh and tftp.

The problem appears with tftp when 4948 is connected via vlan to 6509, though ssh is still working! Even more, i can see in log of my tftp server that there was an attempt to connect, but the traffic was not going...

here is a piece of config:

ip vrf mgmtVrf
ip ftp source-interface FastEthernet1
ip tftp source-interface FastEthernet1
ip ssh source-interface FastEthernet1
ip ssh version 2
interface FastEthernet1
ip vrf forwarding mgmtVrf
ip address
speed auto
duplex auto

Have enyone any idea about...? thanx in advace!

This Discussion