cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Trunked VLANs between SLM2024 and SA520 Security appliance

patrick
Level 1
Level 1

I have a problem configuring the SA520 router and the SLM2024 (2008) switches to communicate trunked vlans...

What I want to accomplish is a number of tagged VLANs originating in the router, tagged and trunked to the switch where they are mapped to individual ports.
The mapping of the ports in the switch seems fair enough, and also the creation, tagging and trunking of vlans in the router. The problem is that I don't konw how to configure the port in the switch that should be trunked up to the router.

I also want to forward the trunked VLAN to a number of WLAN-devices (WAP4410N) where I intend to use the VLAN->SSID-mapping funcionality.

Anyone have any ideas or guides for this?

/patrick

1 Reply 1

alissitz
Level 4
Level 4

Hello and good morning, I hope this finds you doing well.

Here is the link to the admin guide for the SA500:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/multi_function_security/multi_function_security_appliance/sa_500/administration/guide/SA500_AG_0L911402.pdf

Here is the link to the SLM2024 admin guide:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/csbss/slm2024/administration/guide/SLM_Admin_Guide_Publish.pdf

In short, anytime you want to have multiple vlans across a single port you need to make this a trunk port.  In the case of the small business series switches, you need to make sure all non-native vlans are tagged over the trunk link.  Many times additional vlans are set for excluded and not tagged.  Something to check. 

Do please let me know what you find.  Kindest regards,

Andrew Lissitz

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X