cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

uc520 and ASA - building a vpn tunnel with a PPPoE Client.

mlwartman
Level 1
Level 1

as the subject states, i'm trying to build a persistant VPN tunnel for data and voice. the office is static, but the satallite is my home with a PPPoE DSL broadband connection. I found a walkthrough on building a persistant VoIP VPN tunnel between 2 static hosts, but having 1 dynamic host throws a money wrench into the scenerio. I am able to setup a persistant using the EZVPN group, and configuring the ASA as a client but the VoIP doesn't translate.

5 Replies 5

Steven Smith
Level 7
Level 7

What do you mean that the VoIP doesn't translate?  An ASA as an EZVPN client should give you what you are looking for, especially if you have an IP Phone behind it.

i am using a cisco 7920 ip phone. with the tunnel connected, the phone gets a local ip (196.168.1.0) not a voice network address (10.1.1.0). even when i assign it an address on the voice network, it can't connect to the call manager.

It doesn't need an IP on the voice network.  It can have 192.168.1.0.  That is fine.  Did you give the phone option 150?  You can set it manually on the phone or add option 150 to the dhcp scope of the ASA.

being that i have no clue what option 150 is, probably not.

a little background, i'm a linux admin/hardware tech who moved into the more mainstream of microsoft networking. i have very little actual cisco experience and this entire project to get the uc running and handling calls and deploying them out to remote sites was dumped in my lap about 2 or 3 months ago.

i'm going to go look into option 150.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: