Views
Helpful
Replies

slave HUM view on master LMS portal

randomjoe1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a LMS 3.2 cluster consisting of 2 servers.  The master has the core modules of LMS and the slave runs HUM.  My question is, could someone point me to a doc defining the process of getting the HUM view on the master LMS portal?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is not completely possible.  You can do is add the HUM application portlet to your master server's portal.  To do this, click the Add Portlet button, and add an Other > Application Menu portlet.  You can then configure this portlet, and point it to HUM on the remote server.

You can also add Other > Remote Portlets, and add some of the other HUM View portlets such as the HUM System Summary, and various Top-N portlets.  You won't be able to completely recreate the HUM view you see on the remote server, but you can come close.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is not completely possible.  You can do is add the HUM application portlet to your master server's portal.  To do this, click the Add Portlet button, and add an Other > Application Menu portlet.  You can then configure this portlet, and point it to HUM on the remote server.

You can also add Other > Remote Portlets, and add some of the other HUM View portlets such as the HUM System Summary, and various Top-N portlets.  You won't be able to completely recreate the HUM view you see on the remote server, but you can come close.

Thanks for the info.  I appreciate your help.

side note - another option I played with is configuring an iFrame portlet pointing to the HUM view of the corresponding server.  not all too elegant, but if you want portlet-for-portlet, this is one way to do it...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: