cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Presence 7.x integration

walshliam
Level 1
Level 1

Good afternoon, Has anyone come accross a step by step for integrating presence and ccx 7? I am having some difficulty, getting an error connecting to the chat service when the CAD launches. I think I need clarification on what exactly is required, what and where the app users need to be created or referenced and what roles the require.

Thanks

3 Replies 3

shaheeramunir
Level 4
Level 4

I have just downloaded this presentation from PEC but havent seen it yet . Please check it out if it can be of any help.

Anyone have any further comments to this issue, I am having exactly the same issue.

Seems like Presence is correctly configured but the CAD app comes up with an error connecting.

Ryan LaFountain
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I just posted on another thread of the same topic.

The easiest thing to do is get CUPC working with the agent's credentials. Once that is working, you know that the CUPS piece is right. The document supplied previously shows the very limited CAD configuration that is required. This should go fine once you get CUPC working with the agent's information. CDA is pretty good about throwing errors should a piece in there be misconfigured. So, if you get Transaction Successful and you still have issues, its most likely on the CAD side.

Keep in mind that CUPC is not the same as CAD and there are important differences:

1. You need to add an Inbound ACL to the CUPS server to allow connections from the CAD PCs as CAD does not support Message Digest as CUPC does. This is CSCtb50109.

2. CAD does not escape special characters in the password, so use a password without special characters. This is

CSCtf25959.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: